Kirst Conversion Cylinder For 1863 Remington .31 cal Pistol

PDA

Gaucho Gringo
February 21, 2010, 10:33 PM
I went to the Buffalo Arms website today and got the shock of my life, a conversion cylinder for the 1863 .31 cal Remington revolver made by Kirst. I have been waiting forever for one of these to appear. I had been putting off buying the 1863 because there wasn't a cartridge conversion for it, In Dennis Addlers book on cartridge conversion's more of them ended up shooting cartridges than cap 'n ball. Now to get the money to buy them both. Here is the url, second row in the center
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm?viewfrom=13&catid=303&step=2

If you enjoyed reading about "Kirst Conversion Cylinder For 1863 Remington .31 cal Pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
black_powder_Rob
February 21, 2010, 11:26 PM
looks cool i think i want one!

MCgunner
February 22, 2010, 09:36 AM
Might expensive. I'd rather just buy a new .327 magnum SP101 if I wanted a .32 cartridge gun, but to each his own, I guess. I do appreciate the fact that you can convert a BP gun and uncle Sam has no record of it. I'm not sure why I appreciate that, just the anarchist in me, I suppose. :D

TomADC
February 22, 2010, 10:48 AM
I just picked up a 1863 this is tempting but conversation is more than I paid for the gun and all the stuff he thru in.

batjka
February 22, 2010, 12:14 PM
Wish they had a conversion for .32 ACP...

faustopph
February 28, 2010, 11:42 PM
Hope you bought a very recent one.If not it will probably have to be fitted for the cylinder.That is if they can make it fit.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kirst Conversion Cylinder For 1863 Remington .31 cal Pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!