Conical Bullets anf Ruger Old Army

PDA

LubeckTech
February 22, 2010, 12:48 AM
I have been shooting round balls with lube pills in my ROA. If I were to start casting conical bullets with lube groves and pan lube them like smokeless bullets would I still need the lube pills?

If you enjoyed reading about "Conical Bullets anf Ruger Old Army" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BHP FAN
February 22, 2010, 01:35 AM
no,that'd be plenty,especially if you got Big Lube [tm] from Dick Dasterdly.

arcticap
February 22, 2010, 01:37 AM
No probably not, unless you felt that you really needed them for some reason. Plus you'll want to leave room in the chamber to be able to load enough powder to shoot the heavier bullets.

MCgunner
February 22, 2010, 08:25 AM
I've been pan lubing my Lee Conicals (even have one of those discontinued hollow point molds) with beezwax/alox for many years and don't bother with the crisco.

Dick Dastardly
February 22, 2010, 11:27 AM
There are now two Big LubeŽ bullet designs that work well in the ROA. They are the DD/PUK/ROA-II 210g RNFP design with dual rebate and the EPP-UG 150g design that emulates round ball performance. Both carry plenty of lube so that no other is needed for full annual 10 stage SASS main match shooting.

I lube/size and put in snap cap vials for carrying and quick easy loading.

For more information send me an email.

DD-DLoS

kanook
February 22, 2010, 12:37 PM
e-maill sent to Dick Dastardly :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Conical Bullets anf Ruger Old Army" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!