Hornady

PDA

cisco11
February 23, 2010, 09:15 AM
Has anyone tried new Hornady Superformance ammo?
Cisco

If you enjoyed reading about "Hornady" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hardluk1
February 23, 2010, 10:53 AM
Just order a bunch of there older heavy mag stuff before i heard about the new superformance. I would have for sure and may just to try. Always been pleased with there products, seems like good stuff good across the line. Unlike many others.

niente
February 23, 2010, 02:18 PM
I use their 40 s&w LE tap and have nothing but good to say. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about them so I'd say go for it

Uncle Mike
February 23, 2010, 02:27 PM
Yep....what do you want to know about the Superformance ammo?

Tang419
February 23, 2010, 02:30 PM
I used a lot of Hornady Heavy Mags. In my .300 Win Mag, the 180gr Heavy Mag clocked an average of 3110 out of my 24" barreled Ruger. The the 225gr Heavy Mag in my .338 Win Mag went a tad over 2900 from my 24" barreled Ruger. The .300 shot 0.6" groups, and the .338 shot 0.7's @ 100 yards. So needless to say, they performed great, and I would expect no less from their new stuff.

kiwihunta
February 23, 2010, 03:32 PM
IMHO, Hornady is the cutting edge of ammo technology,i use .223 vmax ,.308 sst,and lever evo .44 mag .All of them i think are unsurpassed in there specific roles ,havnt used the superformance yet but i would think it will be outstanding and will certainly be trying it asap,cheers.

cisco11
February 23, 2010, 08:54 PM
I understand [from Jan. Rifleman mag] Hornady will be dropping their heavy mag and one other line in favor of superformance. I am interested in accuracy reports. From return posts all positive.
Getting tired of reloading .45 years ago one did not have the loaded cartridges that are available today. I still shoot too much old crap that I must reload.
Thank you for the input,,, it is appreciated.
Cisco

Uncle Mike
February 23, 2010, 09:03 PM
The Hornady Light and Heavy magnum ammo is out a' here!

The new 'Superformance' ammo will be taking its place...nearly the same as the light and heavy mag ammo in performance but better in the ballistic department, both internal and external, so Hornady will tell you!

While the velocities may be a tad less then the older ammo, the pressure curves are said to be much improved, resulting in better performance and less recoil and a smoother more linear recoil impulse.

pwillie
February 23, 2010, 09:24 PM
For off the shelf,Hornady is hard to beat,the only other for me is Weatherby(Norma) ammo.

tango2echo
February 23, 2010, 09:52 PM
I've shot the .243 80gr load. It did well. Velocities were as advertised. Good accuracy for factory stuff.

t2e

hardluk1
February 24, 2010, 11:34 AM
I bought 5 box's of 7mm rem HM in 139gr sst and it turns out hornady say's that the 7mag was one of the harder to make work well , I can't wait till i need more ammo for it. This stuff will shoot 2" groups at 400 yards.

pwillie
February 24, 2010, 02:34 PM
A Sporting goods store owner in my town,uses 139 gr Hornady's to take Elk in Col....been doing it for years(7mm mag)

jtlgun
March 14, 2010, 10:34 PM
Yes, I have tried the new Hornadly Superformance ammo in 30-06. See my test results in this Section under the question "Anyone famileir with Hornady Superformance ammo)".

If you enjoyed reading about "Hornady" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!