New to site and needing help

PDA

Kid Curry
February 23, 2010, 05:41 PM
Hey everyone. I'm new here, but it looks like a lot of knowledge on here.

My grandmother had a pistol she carried around in her purse for years. She died about 15 yeaers ago, and my mother found the gun in some boxes and gave it to me the other day. I need some help indentifying this gun.

It is a small .22. On one side of the barrel it says "Jones Bros Imports, Columbia, SC" and ".22 short". On the other side, it says "Made in Germany"

Other than the serial number, thats all the marking on this gun. Any idea on who made this gun and when? Looks very cheaply made to me.

Thanks for any help.

Kid

If you enjoyed reading about "New to site and needing help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
February 23, 2010, 05:49 PM
No first hand knowledge of the Jones Bros.

But it sounds like one of many cheaply made German import pot metal "Saturday Night Special" type revolvers brought in before the 1968 Gun Control Act banned import of them.

Probably pretty worthless as guns go.

rc

The Lone Haranguer
February 23, 2010, 07:46 PM
"Jones Bros." was probably the importer, not the actual manufacturer. I don't know too many Germans named Jones. ;)

jad0110
February 23, 2010, 09:06 PM
It is likely a Rohm RG 10, which were a very commonly imported revolver from Germany prior to the GCA of '68. Pictures would help. Certainly worth more in sentimental value than actual dollars (perhaps $50, give or take $20).

aHFo3
February 24, 2010, 02:27 PM
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a good wall-hanger.

If you enjoyed reading about "New to site and needing help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!