Bren Ten and CZ - connection?

PDA

DannyinJapan
February 24, 2010, 05:50 PM
Forgive me if this has been discussed, but I have to wonder how the Bren Ten pistol and the CZ pistols are related.
The Bren Ten is a 30 yr old gun made in America, but it bears uncanny resemblance to the CZ pistols...

If you enjoyed reading about "Bren Ten and CZ - connection?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CoRoMo
February 24, 2010, 06:35 PM
The design was inspired by the CZ75. Cooper probably favored that pistol, but I've never really heard if that was the case or not.

mljdeckard
February 24, 2010, 06:42 PM
That's my understanding as well. It was never made by CZ. The new ones are being made by VLTOR, they bought the rights to the design and name.

9mmepiphany
February 24, 2010, 07:23 PM
the CZ 75 came out many years before the Bren Ten. Cooper liked it, but lamented that it was only available in 9mm.

Cooper thought the 10mm would be the ultimate combat pistol round...much like the .41 Mag was conceived as the ultimate combat revolver round...and lo and behold the Bren Ten looked a lot like the CZ.

there is no manufacturing relationship between CZ and Dornaus & Dixon

DFW1911
February 24, 2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the post and answers - I've wondered this myself.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bren Ten and CZ - connection?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!