Montana Gold Bullet - FMJ .357 bullets - opinions/experiences?

PDA

W.E.G.
February 24, 2010, 07:40 PM
I may be shooting with some regularity at an indoor range that REQUIRES full-metal-jacket ammo on their pistol range.

So far, the only source I've found for .357 FMJ's is Montana Gold Bullet.
https://secure3.mooseweb.com/montanagoldbullet.com/pricelist.tpl

Anybody have any experience with this vendor and product?

If you enjoyed reading about "Montana Gold Bullet - FMJ .357 bullets - opinions/experiences?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
medalguy
February 24, 2010, 07:49 PM
I have used Montana Gold, nice bullets. You can also try Berry's, Rainier, and Golden West. All make a FMJ or plated .357 FMJ. I think Zero might too but I've never used any of theirs.

Glock20
February 24, 2010, 08:04 PM
I've never used MG for 357, but for 9mm 115 & 124 FMJ and 10mm (40cal) 155 & 180 JHP are excellent. Very accurate and reasonably priced. You shouldn't have any problems ordering them direct.

five.five-six
February 24, 2010, 08:06 PM
I have been using extreme plated for .45ACP, several thousand so far, every few hundred I find one that is slightly out of spec but overall they are a great value and i can cloverleaf with them

bds
February 24, 2010, 08:35 PM
Anybody have any experience with this vendor and product?

Been shooting their jacketed bullets for match / practice for 15+ years. The 155gr FMJ for 40S&W has less than 1 grain variance between bullets.

They have been supplying many national/state match shooters/shooting teams for decades. Good customer service too!

ljnowell
February 24, 2010, 09:48 PM
Check out rocky mountain reloading.
http://www.shop.rmrbullets.com/category.sc;jsessionid=7184AB9EAFEA13CCD5F4BE62FA075C8B.qscstrfrnt02?categoryId=13

The owner is a member, LongDayJake

longdayjake
February 25, 2010, 11:44 AM
Some of the bullets I sell are montana gold and I sell quantities of 1000 cheaper than they do with free shipping. If you want to see better pictures of their products check out my website. That said, their full metal jacket bullets are not complete metal jackets unless you specifically buy complete metal jacket bullets. And they don't make a complete metal jacket in .357. You may want to see if your range is okay with lead exposed bases. If not then you will probably want to go with plated bullets which are completely plated in copper and have no lead exposed.

bds
February 26, 2010, 01:51 AM
I sell quantities of 1000 cheaper than they do with free shipping.

Really? That's good to know for those ordering in 1K quantities.

Also, Montana Gold orders shipped to residential address adds another $5.

longdayjake
February 26, 2010, 09:03 AM
Really? That's good to know for those ordering in 1K quantities.

You know, its been a while since I last checked to see, but at one point I made sure to beat or match their price. If Montana gold hasn't changed their prices I am pretty sure my prices beat or match their delivered prices. Especially with 9mm and .357. My .357 125 grain hollow point is much cheaper than theirs for 1000.

ljnowell
February 26, 2010, 10:08 AM
You know, its been a while since I last checked to see, but at one point I made sure to beat or match their price. If Montana gold hasn't changed their prices I am pretty sure my prices beat or match their delivered prices. Especially with 9mm and .357. My .357 125 grain hollow point is much cheaper than theirs for 1000.

When I bought 125s from you a couple weeks ago you were cheaper on qty of 500 also.

CPT Kirk
February 26, 2010, 02:40 PM
Used MG for years, .357 Mag, .40 S&W, .45 ACP - all are great. Favorite is the .357 Sig bullet (9 mm) because it reloads so nicely in the short neck case.

Hard to find locally, so I just order in bulk and shoot for long time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Montana Gold Bullet - FMJ .357 bullets - opinions/experiences?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!