Lubricating The RCBS Hand Primer

PDA

357mag357
February 25, 2010, 07:43 AM
I always had trouble with the hand primer. It never felt smooth and was difficult to squeeze. After taking it apart I decided to spray the metal parts that contact each other with WD-40. My hand primer is as smooth as ice. Even those hard to prime S&B cases are easier. Why didnít I think of this sooner?

If you enjoyed reading about "Lubricating The RCBS Hand Primer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ole farmerbuck
February 25, 2010, 08:00 AM
Mine wasnt too smooth either untill i got everything just right. I'm just using it for large rifle. I use the Hornady for everything else.

Walkalong
February 25, 2010, 08:34 AM
I realy like my RCBS hand primer. A quality oil or light grease will last much longer, and then you won't have to tear it down as often.

357mag357
February 25, 2010, 08:52 AM
Will try some gun oil next time it needs some. Thanks.

rcmodel
February 25, 2010, 12:56 PM
I would not be in favor of using WD-40 or gun oil on primer handling equipment as it could contaminate the primers, and will surely accumulate dust & dirt.

Try Remington Dry-Lube spray or a light mist of silicone spray.

It is inert around primers once the solvent evaporates, and dirt doesn't stick to it..

rc

GP100man
February 25, 2010, 01:02 PM
I use tetra gun grease , apply & worked into a Qtip then sparingly on contact surfaces.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lubricating The RCBS Hand Primer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!