Possible to get a M24 from Remington military?

PDA

FIVETWOSEVEN
February 25, 2010, 10:20 AM
Just a thought that came to mind but is it possible to buy from Remington Military? Here is the rifle http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/m24sws.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "Possible to get a M24 from Remington military?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bobarino
February 25, 2010, 12:44 PM
as far as i know, yes. i've seen the packages for sale at a few gun shows in the neighborhood of $6k. i think you just have to find a dealer that's willing to order one for you. on a practical note, you can build a rifle that is better for far less money than Remington is going to charge you for an M24.

farscott
February 25, 2010, 01:25 PM
Yes, it is possible to buy the M24 via Remington LE. Your FFL just needs to contact one of the Remington LE authorized distributors. Remington LE only sells to "Law Enforcement Wholesalers, Military, and Federal Agencies".

Follow this link to find the proper Remington LE distributor for your states.

http://www.remingtonle.com/support/wholesaler_directory/

NCdrummer
February 25, 2010, 01:59 PM
As an alternative you can buy a Remington 700SS 5R MilSpec in .308 Winchester. Although not identical to the M24 this rifle is similar and a lot less money. It uses a free-floated 24" stainless steel heavy barrel with 5R rifling (11.25 twist), an HSPrecision stock with aluminum bedding block, and will shoot like crazy. I have one and love it! Fix the trigger, add good optics, and away you go. Interestingly, although these rifles are tuned to shoot heavier bullets (165-175 grains), mine piles 150s into the same ragged hole. I hunt with 165s because of more retained energy at distance. Too much fun to shoot.

jbech123
February 25, 2010, 03:01 PM
yeah I have milspec as well and love it. .5" groups and I only have a burris 3-9 fullfield on it, so with a better scope it is likely to get even better.

If you enjoyed reading about "Possible to get a M24 from Remington military?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!