S&W Sigma SW9VE 9mm Ammo?

PDA

MasterAtArms
February 25, 2010, 04:30 PM
i had a malfuction with my feeding of the weapon and call S&W they said i might be using the wroung ammo but would not tell me a kind specified for the gun does any one out there know the " RIGHT " kind to use?

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Sigma SW9VE 9mm Ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
February 25, 2010, 04:33 PM
In general, your gun should feed any modern RN-FMJ or JHP ammo made by any of the major ammo manufactures.

Perhaps we could be of more help if you gave us a clue.
What kind of ammo didn't work?
Brand, bullet type, bullet weight?
And why it didn't work?

Misfires, feed jams, fail to extract, fail to eject, etc?

Tell use what you were using and what happened and we might be able to come up with something causing it.

rc

MasterAtArms
February 25, 2010, 04:56 PM
ficcoti or something like that but it was feed jams, failure to extract, failure to eject, failure to lock to rear after last shot to dont know weight of 9mm round bottom of bullet says G.F.L. luger 9mm

R.W.Dale
February 25, 2010, 05:22 PM
Automatic firearms are like your girlfriend.

They won't do what you want of them unless you feed em something they like first.

This is why you try diffrent kinds of ammo, to find what your gun likes. So far you've found what your gun doesn't like.

rcmodel
February 25, 2010, 05:31 PM
it was feed jams, failure to extract, failure to eject, failure to lock to rear after last shotIt's hard to understand how any ammo would cause all those problems in a S&W Sigma at the same time??? And Fiocchi is generallly great ammo too.
However, they do sell a 100 grain frangible load that might maybe cause problems?
Try to find out what weight bullet your ammo was loaded with?

May be limp-wresting, poor gun maintenance, a bad magazine, or ?????

At any rate, buy some American made ammo before you give up on it.

Any 115 or 124 grain ammo from Winchester, Remington, Federal, or Speer should work 100% perfectly fine in a Sigma.

But then, 115 or 124 grain Fiocchi should have too!

rc

marineshooter
February 25, 2010, 05:56 PM
i have the same gun, but i have not had any problems other than backing down my reloads. I have shot blazer brass- flocci spelling?- s&b all in 115 and 124 grs with no problems. AS stated try different ammo mfgs first then go back to Smith&Wesson if problems continue

MasterAtArms
February 25, 2010, 08:15 PM
the problem no longer occurs since i switched the ammo i just wanted to know if there was a type designated for it

rcmodel
February 26, 2010, 01:15 PM
If you would tell us what it was, we might be able to answer your question.

So far, all we know is that it was loaded by Fiocchi.
But they load 9mm in 13 different loadings:

115, 124 & 147 grain XTP hollow point.
100 grain Frangible.
115, 124, 147, and 158 FMJ.
124 FMJ/TC
115, 124, & 147 JHP.
125 lead-free TMJ enclosed.

Look on the box and tell us what you have.

rc

MasterAtArms
February 26, 2010, 06:12 PM
box doesnt say its a gold bullet full metal jacket with a cirle indention around the round itself not on the brass

jackg
February 26, 2010, 06:36 PM
MAA,
That is a really good gun,I had one and like every gun you buy new or used they really do have a personality, IMO.
Did you buy this gun new or used?
If new you should call S&W customer service explain the problem and ask for them to send you the pre-paid return package an send that puppy back. They will do a good job. Remember it's a production gun just like a production car. It's not reasonable to expect that 100% of their product will function flawlessly out of the box.
If it's a used gun, do the same thing. Their brand will make or break them and they aren't stupid. They want your gun as well as possible.
Jack

MasterAtArms
February 26, 2010, 10:00 PM
i called S&W already about 3 weeks ago they said they would send the prepaid shipping label and never did, but like i said since i stoped useing that cruddy Fiocchi ammo it runs better than any gun i have ever shot military or civilian i was just wondering if there was a specified type of ammo for it

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Sigma SW9VE 9mm Ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!