Looking to Purchase a Uberti Conversion revolver

PDA

Bavarian_Motorist
February 25, 2010, 06:17 PM
Im thinking about purchasing one of the following. I was wondering if any of y'all are familiar.

Uberti 1872 Conversion 1860 Army 5 ½” 45LC
Uberti, 1858 Remington Conv, 38SP 7 3/8”BL
Uberti 1858 Remington conversion 45LC 5 ½”
(pros and cons of each? experiences?)

Also if anyone has owned a Schofield I would also like some feedback, I fell in love with that revolver the first time I laid eyes on one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking to Purchase a Uberti Conversion revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lovesbeer99
February 25, 2010, 08:58 PM
I have the Cimarron Man with No Name and I love it as a fun piece. It looks sweet, shoots sweet and balances sweet. But it's just too nice to put in a holster or shoot to often. If you just want a cool gun they all fit the bill. If you plan to shoot cowboy action, sorry I can't help you. Here's a photo.

Bavarian_Motorist
February 25, 2010, 09:17 PM
Just looking to pick one up for the collection and occasional plinking, probably would be best to go with the .38sp one then cause of ammo cost?

nalioth
February 25, 2010, 10:18 PM
Consider reloading?

FoMoGo
February 25, 2010, 11:46 PM
I have a Pietta 1858 remmy replica.
I WILL be getting a .45 Colt cyl for it.
Go .45 and reload, you will appreciate it a LOT down the road.

Jim

Bavarian_Motorist
February 26, 2010, 03:57 AM
I have thought about reloading and I probably will get into that down the road here soon. so caliber aside which model then? I obviously know purchasing a gun is always different for everyone due to preference etc. but which are you guys in favor of?

RidgwayCO
February 26, 2010, 08:47 AM
If I remember correctly, the .38 Special bullet is not a tight fit in the revolver with the conversion cylinder. The .45 Colt is a much better round for this type of conversion, IMHO.

Lovesbeer99
February 26, 2010, 08:58 AM
These guns are replicas and not true conversions from the late 1800's. The ammo fits like any other new in the box modern gun.

Find the one you like best. For collecting and occasional plinking they will all work for you. 38, 45, 32-30, what ever.

Bavarian_Motorist
February 26, 2010, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the input guys, Ill be heading the gun show in Phoenix this weekend. Hopefully ill find what Im looking for.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking to Purchase a Uberti Conversion revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!