Rear site options for panther lite

PDA

Blarelli
February 25, 2010, 09:52 PM
I picked up a pather lite w/ front site tonight, and now need to start thinking about a rear site. I'd like to have both a rear site for backup as well as a red dot, but I don't want to put a $500 eotech on a $600 rifle. What are my options?

If you enjoyed reading about "Rear site options for panther lite" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cottonmouth
February 26, 2010, 12:18 AM
I went with a 2x Aimpoint, Midway has them on sale from time to time. I also put an ARMS rear flip up sight on it.

J.B.

Blarelli
February 26, 2010, 02:25 PM
I found this here as a possible flip up rear sight, and wanted to make sure it going to function with the rifle.
http://www.botachtactical.com/utgtaflresi.html
Any thoughts?

Blasphemous
February 26, 2010, 02:39 PM
Blarelli: I ordered one earlier today actually. I'll let you know how it works on my CMMG flat-top.

winknplink
February 26, 2010, 02:57 PM
I found this here as a possible flip up rear sight, and wanted to make sure it going to function with the rifle.
http://www.botachtactical.com/utgtaflresi.html
Any thoughts?

At the range one day, one of the ears broke off of an Arms #40L buis I had on the rifle, so I purchased this UTG rear sight for ~$20 at the range store as a quick fix. Sorry to say, but it is junk. It has a very weak detent and no locking mechanism to keep it upright, so even the recoil of a 556 round can make it fall. It really is a last resort buis that is, imo, not intended for daily use...might work well for a .22conversion, though.

I'd sooner spend 20$ more and get a plastic magpul rear sight...has to be better.

Blasphemous
February 26, 2010, 03:03 PM
Wish I had waited now :uhoh:

winknplink
February 27, 2010, 12:05 PM
Hey man, I have a whole locker full of "wish I'd waited" items, lol. At least it was just $20 this time. Cheap lesson that keeps on giving.

Blasphemous
February 27, 2010, 12:12 PM
If nothing else, it'll be a good "emergency" backup when I get a GOOD sight on it, lol.

45crittergitter
March 1, 2010, 08:58 PM
I used a flip-up that clamps on the rail. It came from Natchez Shooters Supply. I don't recall the brand, but it was a name brand and wasn't expensive.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rear site options for panther lite" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!