Marlin Bolt Rimfire Question

PDA

dak0ta
February 26, 2010, 08:24 PM
Does anybody know what number weaver mount will fit on the receiver of my marlin 925?

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin Bolt Rimfire Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nbkky71
February 26, 2010, 10:05 PM
I've read that the Weaver #15, #16, #43 or #45 will work. The bigger the number, the thicker the bases. The specific mount will depends on what ring height and scope objective size you are using.

dak0ta
February 26, 2010, 11:43 PM
What would the advantage of having a thinner or thicker base if the scope rings can either be low, med, or high? I'd probably be using a 1" diameter scope.

Ughh
February 26, 2010, 11:50 PM
What would the advantage of having a thinner or thicker base if the scope rings can either be low, med, or high? I'd probably be using a 1" diameter scope.
I'm not sure there is an advantage/disadvantage to that. My Marlin Mod 60 has 1'' (25 mm) rings internally, made to fit on 3/8'' (9.5mm) rails. am I off topic?? :p

Ughh
February 26, 2010, 11:51 PM
High rings will sometimes allow to still be able to use your iron sights along with the scope, if that's what you want.

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin Bolt Rimfire Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!