Shooting BP in Texas - Where??

PDA

Foto Joe
February 27, 2010, 11:41 AM
Okay guys, my vision is starting to blur, my stomach is queasy and my complexion is starting to slide from not having sulphur and crisco splattered on my face from shooting a Dragoon upwind.

I NEED to go shoot!!

But alas I'm in Texas and the availablity of public land is non-existant that I can find. The only range I have found requires a yearly membership and don't even think of joining without a sponsor, what's up with that?

We're gonna be in the Livingston/Conroe area for a couple of weeks and would love to get out burn my eyes with some smoke. Anybody familiar with the area?? Better yet, would someone point me to a range?

Joe

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting BP in Texas - Where??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chawbaccer
February 27, 2010, 12:11 PM
Have you tried Google?
Any of these close by?
http://www.muck-boy.com/Shooting%20Ranges/Muckboy%20Texas%20Shooting%20Range%20Page.htm

MCgunner
February 27, 2010, 07:18 PM
Well, 200 miles down 59 south west of Houston if ya need to shoot THAT bad. :D

FiveStrings
February 28, 2010, 08:10 AM
Fotojoe, there is public land near where you are going to be. Look up the Alabama Creek WMA near Diboll (just up 59 from Livingston). It's 12,000 acres of woods managed by the USFS. Deer season there has been over more than a month now. Those woods are deserted this time of year. You can pop some caps there, just leave it like you found it.

MCgunner
February 28, 2010, 08:45 AM
Sam Houston NF is closer and you don't need an annual public hunt permit to use it. I don't even know if you can get in Alabama Creek this time of year, but I don't remember any gates on that road down to the river.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting BP in Texas - Where??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!