Measuring Brass Before Reload

PDA

racerngr1
February 27, 2010, 02:32 PM
How many people measure and sort based off of size their pistol brass? I have been getting some larger variations then I'm happy with, so I decided to start reloading my brass and putting all of together that is within .005 of a variation. Do I just need to work on setting up my dies better or do more sorting. I'm still using a single stage press.

If you enjoyed reading about "Measuring Brass Before Reload" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
warnerwh
February 27, 2010, 02:57 PM
I don't bother. I do keep large quantities of a single manufacturer together though. Using some mixed brass I have there have been no issues other than it's not quite as accurate.

thorn-
February 27, 2010, 03:07 PM
I don't measure pistol brass, no. The variation is not enough for me to worry about.

thorn

rcmodel
February 27, 2010, 03:08 PM
The only difference length variation can make is if you are roll-crimping revolver ammo.

Pistol ammo is taper crimped, and is not length critical, as long as it is not too long to chamber.

rc

Walkalong
February 27, 2010, 03:12 PM
Yep, never measure it, and I shoot a horrendous mixture of range brass in 9MM, .40 & .45.

If you enjoyed reading about "Measuring Brass Before Reload" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!