need your help selecting a pistol scope

PDA

Harvey
February 27, 2010, 03:09 PM
I recently purchased a Weatherby CFP (Compact Firing Platform, similar to the Remington XP100) chambered in .243 Winchester. I need your help in selecting an appropriate scope for 100+ yd. plinking, hunting and SHTF defense.

What is an appropriate magnification? Is a long eye relief scope necessary?

Thanks. Any other advice regarding these goofy guns is appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "need your help selecting a pistol scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArchAngelCD
February 28, 2010, 03:44 AM
Thompson Center has outstanding Scopes (https://secure.tcarms.com/store/scopes-and-mounts/scopes/) they sell for their Encore and G2 Contender "pistols." Take a look at the top 3 on the page. I think for 100 yards I would buy the 2.5X-7X scope but you might like the 1.25X-4X or 3X-9X better.

Nomad
February 28, 2010, 06:31 PM
I use 2X on most of my Contender barrels. The one exception is on a barrel that I shoot out to 200-225 yds. I then have a 2x7. To me it takes a really solid (extemely rare) field rest to use the higher powers.

tkopp
March 1, 2010, 12:09 AM
I use a Leupold m8 2x on my Ruger MKII, and it's plenty for 100y. Out to 200y I could see going 4x, but I don't know if I'd go any higher on a pistol.

If you enjoyed reading about "need your help selecting a pistol scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!