I need some insight.

PDA

44sixgun
February 27, 2010, 04:40 PM
I bought a Ruger Blackhawk 3 screw at the gunshow today and it has a instinctive rear sight meaning filled in for quick draw. I am supposing by factory b/c only a few people can do this type of work and make it fit this good. It has a bead front sight and the caliber is 357. the frame, reciever and ejector housing are nickel but the cylinder and barrel are blue, I can tell this is the original barrel mainly because the insignia is on the reciever and not on the barrel, the barrel reads sturm and ruger southport conn. If anyone can tell me something about this it would be excellent. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "I need some insight." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
February 27, 2010, 04:47 PM
I can assure you Ruger never made a Blackhawk like that with a non-adjustable rear & bead front sight!

I can only guess someone had a good gunsmith convert it for quick-draw work, or cowboy action shooting before the Vaquero became available.

rc

44sixgun
February 27, 2010, 05:55 PM
Did they ever finish a Blackhawk in nickel?

David E
February 27, 2010, 08:43 PM
Not at the factory.

Sounds like he bought someone's "quick draw" special made before the Vaquero was born.

44sixgun
February 27, 2010, 10:25 PM
Well it isnt a bad looking piece. I got a pretty good bargain on it. So I guess I will be trying a couple of rounds in it tomm. Thanks for the replies.

If you enjoyed reading about "I need some insight." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!