Academy Sports Stevens 200 STEAL

PDA

R.W.Dale
February 27, 2010, 05:21 PM
I can't stop smiling over this one! After driving all over town looking for a suitably priced SA centerfeed stevens 200 action for a 45 win mag build I swung by academy before going back to the gun show to pay $310 for one in .308win.

They had a tan 270 on the shelf and when the clerk handed it to me I was staggered to see a price drop tag of $239 hanging from it:eek: I asked if there were more and LO & BEHOLD the clerk produced a tan 7mm-08 for the same price.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which is exactly what I wanted because a 7mm-08 bbl resells for much more.

Holy cow that's cheap! Why in the world would you buy a single shot

If you enjoyed reading about "Academy Sports Stevens 200 STEAL" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ChappaquiddickBandit
February 28, 2010, 08:44 PM
Academy had them for $199 before Christmas. I picked up one of the .270s - just too cheap to pass up. I went with the 270 over the 7-08 for the cheaper ammo... but in retrospect, I think the shorter action might've been a bit handier.

Finally got around to shooting it this weekend... seems like a fine rifle. I keep an eye out for Academy Sports - once in a while they're good for a bargain!

If you enjoyed reading about "Academy Sports Stevens 200 STEAL" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!