Best price on Ruger rings?

PDA

ArmedBear
February 27, 2010, 07:22 PM
Factory, Leupold, Warne, anything quality to fit Ruger bases should be good.

Anyone get a good deal?

Thanks for any info.

If you enjoyed reading about "Best price on Ruger rings?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
R.W.Dale
February 27, 2010, 07:23 PM
whatchya need

pm me

Kernel
February 28, 2010, 01:16 AM
Perhaps you already know, but Ruger will exchange any set of rings they make for any other. No charge, and Ruger pays the shipping both ways. Provided they're in decent condition (probably, even if they aren't). Don't like your medium rings? Exchange them for high rings. Don't like stainless? Trade them in on some blued. Need 30mm, swap your 1-inch rings.

codybrown
February 28, 2010, 02:21 AM
Perhaps you already know, but Ruger will exchange any set of rings they make for any other. No charge, and Ruger pays the shipping both ways. Provided they're in decent condition (probably, even if they aren't). Don't like your medium rings? Exchange them for high rings. Don't like stainless? Trade them in on some blued. Need 30mm, swap your 1-inch rings.

Yup, I have done it a couple of times with no problems. Other than that, you can find them from forum members or gunbroker. As good as they are, I have a hard time justifying spending $80 for them.

Kernel
February 28, 2010, 03:38 PM
I use to buy used odd-ball, mismatched, or otherwise unloved Ruger rings on eBay for $10, then send them back to Ruger for free and get EXACTLY what I wanted. I suppose those days are over. Ruger factory rings are the best on the market, IMHO. $80 a pair you say? Ouch!!

Horsemany
February 28, 2010, 05:14 PM
I've had great luck with Burris rings. They tighten from both sides so they are slightly windage adjustable. The clamping portion is also machined flush so there's not a giant screw hanging out. They look much better IMO. The holes are punched out truer than factory rings too. The only scope rings that ever dented a scope were Ruger factory rings. When I lapped them it was horrendous how uneven the insides were.

If you enjoyed reading about "Best price on Ruger rings?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!