An exciting day

PDA

wgaynor
February 27, 2010, 09:29 PM
Took my CCW class today. I wasn't prepared for the huge turnout, but we all had fun. Now I have to stake out the mailbox for a few weeks in anticipation of my certificate. Then, it's off to the Sheriffs office.

Does anybody from Kentucky know about how long this whole process is currently taking. I heard in class that they were backlogged.

If you enjoyed reading about "An exciting day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rm23
February 27, 2010, 09:31 PM
Glad to hear nobody got shot. Congrats

wgaynor
February 27, 2010, 09:41 PM
lol, nobody got shot, but a couple of guys made me nervous.

Sunray
February 27, 2010, 10:02 PM
Why do you have to wait for the cert? Sounds like a poorly organized instructor. Just curious.

wgaynor
February 27, 2010, 10:29 PM
well, from what we were told, the instructor mails in the paperwork to Richmond, KY. They process it there. Then we get the certification. Once that is recieved, the next step is to bring $60 and a photo to the Sheriffs Office where a request for a CCW Permit paperwork is filled out. The Sheriff has a few days to turn it in. Once that paperwork is processed, the permit will be at the Sheriff's Office. From there, it is picked up.

Yes...it is a process. Gotta love Bureaucracy

mikewayde
February 27, 2010, 11:08 PM
Richmond has been taking the full 15 days to send cert. to you...

After you return it to Sheriff's office, KSP has been taking around 3 weeks....

rickomatic
February 27, 2010, 11:54 PM
I'd like to post some opinions in my local paper, but I'm not sure how long it takes to get my speech license processed by my local authorities. :evil:

Just food for thought....nothing else.

wgaynor
February 28, 2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks mikewayde!

wishin
February 28, 2010, 10:52 AM
Congrats wgaynor!
I'd like to post some opinions in my local paper, but I'm not sure how long it takes to get my speech license processed by my local authorities. :evil:

Now that's a mouthful!:D

If you enjoyed reading about "An exciting day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!