My CZ75B JAMMED for the first time last saturday!

PDA

Skillet
February 28, 2010, 12:29 AM
So I was out at the range yesterday, and I was shooting some potatoes that somebody left out on a bench (nobody was around, so I took them (I was out at the range when I took them) and they are awesome to shoot they explode everywhere, it's great fun. Really hard to hit though.) and my CZ 75B JAMMED for the first time. it was a failure to eject and I suspect it was an ammo problem (I was using blazer brass fmj 115 gr.) but I was bummed. it is reliable but every mechanical device has flaws or will fail at some point. I also had problems with the ruddy thing flipping brass into my face again every once and a while. I think I am going to change ammo and take a look at my shooting stance and grip and technique. My accuracy is not what I would like it to be, and I think I just need some more practice with it.

oh and it was the first jam in about 2000, maybe 3000 rounds fired.

those aren't bad odds considering I'm using the cheap ammo.

oh and It's quite Ironic that I live in Idaho and the potatoes thing isnt it

If you enjoyed reading about "My CZ75B JAMMED for the first time last saturday!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JLaScala
February 28, 2010, 12:46 AM
Thats karma for stealing the potatoes lol ;-)

armoredman
February 28, 2010, 01:55 AM
Have to ask, are you careful about cleaning under the extractor? Some CZ extractors will build up gunk over time, and the flipping cases up has been said to be a warning sign of that. Just a thought.
I like potatoes - biodegradeable target.

Skillet
February 28, 2010, 02:52 AM
I will have to clean that a bit better. that is a spot I always seem to miss because It's so hard to clean.

JDGray
February 28, 2010, 07:11 AM
Denise Austin's, gonna be pissed when she heres about this:D

KONY
February 28, 2010, 08:37 AM
Blazer Aluminum would have been my guess. Every CZ I've shot never had issues with Blazer Brass.

SwampWolf
February 28, 2010, 04:17 PM
I shoot at French fries with my Hi-Point. :p

verdun59
February 28, 2010, 04:23 PM
Holy moly ! Hi-Point has gotten over here with CZs, look out for incoming.

Skillet
February 28, 2010, 05:11 PM
yeah I'm not very accurate with it because A- I really need to actually sight it in (was always too lazy to do it) and B- I like to rapid fire, and when I shoot it and miss then I get angry and shoot it again but Don't really take the time to aim it. It's a curse from rifle shooting.

1SOW
February 28, 2010, 09:31 PM
Your fastest misses won't stop potato-man from laughing.

Front sight, front sight, front sight, will.

memphisjim
February 28, 2010, 09:33 PM
sell it and get a glock

CZF
February 28, 2010, 09:46 PM
IS it Blazer alum? or the newer actually brass cased Blazer?

The alum stuff is crap for CZs, esp. the 75B models which might suffer from a weak extractor spring.

My 75B SS would chew through anything but Blazer, with FTE issues every 6th round or so.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/75BSS/czstim2.jpg

I think you are wise to change ammo.

w_houle
February 28, 2010, 09:49 PM
I shoot at French fries with my Hi-Point.:p

1.) Anyone can hit an object pressed against the muzzle.

2.) You must enjoy missing a lot.

C.) You've covered the inside of an entire barn with french fries.

:neener:

dubble07
February 28, 2010, 10:18 PM
That's funny! (but, 1, 2, C ?)

easyg
March 1, 2010, 04:10 PM
I once had a CZ75B .40 SA that started failing-to-eject after about 800 rounds through it.
I took it to a gunsmith and he cleaned it and checked it out, changed the extractor spring, and said it was good to go.

Once I go it back it worked fine for a about 200 rounds.
And then it once again started failing to eject about three times every 10-round magazine.
I changed magazines and changed ammo....still no cure.

I eventually sold it to a guy who thought he could fix it.
Last time I talked to him it was still malfunctioning and he was going to send it back to CZ.

Good luck,
Easy

Skillet
March 1, 2010, 06:01 PM
It's blazer brass, and NO i'm not selling my CZ to get a block er... glock

JDGray
March 1, 2010, 08:28 PM
sell it and get a glock

Always enjoy helpfull answers like these:rolleyes:

But then he'll have to worry about KBs:neener:

tekarra
March 1, 2010, 09:34 PM
I disagree with the statement that Blazer aluminum is crap for cZs, especially the 75B. I have shot thousands of rounds of Blazer aluminum through my 75s, 75Bs and 75 Compacts with no problems. It is my choice for practice ammunition.

Full Metal Jacket
March 1, 2010, 09:37 PM
it wasn't the ammo. change your recoil spring. i get my cz75 springs from wolff.

Mauserguy
March 1, 2010, 09:43 PM
Yep, this sounds like a typical dirty extractor on a CZ. Give her a good cleaning and a light oiling and see how she runs.
Eric

REAPER4206969
March 1, 2010, 09:46 PM
So I was out at the range yesterday, and I was shooting some potatoes
Can you be anymore of a stereotype?

w_houle
March 1, 2010, 10:11 PM
That's funny! (but, 1, 2, C ?)
Just the added wink wink, nudge nudge.

NMGonzo
March 1, 2010, 10:13 PM
how much for a bag of 50 pounds of potatoes?

StorkPatrol
March 1, 2010, 11:14 PM
Um, when I talk about shooting potatoes they are the ammo, not the target. Think of PVC hand hair spray. Anyway, I'm sure your CZ-75b will go another 2 or 3k before jamming again. --Stork

Hatterasguy
March 1, 2010, 11:30 PM
One jam in 2k-3k rounds is pretty damn good, nothing is perfect.

1SOW
March 1, 2010, 11:47 PM
My 75B wouldn't shoot a full mag of Blazer Aluminum without an FTE. I put in an extra power extractor spring and shot one box of 50 Blazer aluminum with no problems.

Since then I've never used aluminum cases again (I reload) and have shot more than 10K rds without extraction problems.

chris in va
March 2, 2010, 04:33 AM
Mine jammed really bad on everything for a number of years until I

A) Bought the 16rd MecGar mags
B) Hosed it out with PowderBlast (remove the grips!)

Nothing the factory did/suggested worked. I too installed the Wolff extra power extractor spring, no change. I get a FTE once in a blue moon now, but chalk it up to my reloads using range brass.

Bovice
March 2, 2010, 06:38 AM
you said you've fired 2000 rounds (lower estimate). Doing the math on that, 1/2000=0.05%

still awesome. take it out again and shoot it after you clean it, and see what happens. Run maybe 200 rounds through. If all is good, fuhhh-gettt abooouttttt itttt.

Autolycus
March 2, 2010, 07:22 AM
The irony of it all is that he is in Idaho and his name is skillet.

Either way I am sure the CZ will run fine once you take the advice given.

Confederate
March 2, 2010, 03:15 PM
Change the springs, clean the exractor area thoroughly and buy a revolver.

Yes, any mechanical device can fail, and one failure in 2,000+ rounds isn't bad. The Beretta 92 won one of the military trials by malfunctioning on an average of once every 2,000 rounds.

Revolvers are better for shooting potatoes, in my book. If you get a Ruger, you can shoot tens of thousands of rounds without having to replace any springs or magazines. They're also easier in hitting targets at a greater distance and it won't jam.

The CZ has a solid reputation, but I don't like the idea of replacing parts after a few thousand rounds, even if those parts are cheap.

Pilot
March 2, 2010, 05:24 PM
The CZ has a solid reputation, but I don't like the idea of replacing parts after a few thousand rounds, even if those parts are cheap.

I've run several thousands of rounds through my CZ's without a hiccup and without replacing any parts.

BobInNJ
March 2, 2010, 06:20 PM
I have a 75SA that I've run about 3K rounds through, and have only one FTE which was a squib load. I did replace the extractor spring after about 1K, and I do try to blast the gunk out from under the extractor with Gun Blaster on a regular basis.

Skillet
March 2, 2010, 08:24 PM
haha yes yes yes I know about the stereotypes and yes it's funny, and oddly, where I live, I have yet to see a potato field anywhere.

"Here in Idaho, people leave BAGS of potatoes just layin' around!"

but really one malfunction in 2000 rounds is a better rate of failure then the chances of my car starting up on the first furn of the key.

or of me buying a glock.

If you enjoyed reading about "My CZ75B JAMMED for the first time last saturday!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!