Looking for different gun

PDA

Rainman76
February 28, 2010, 06:01 AM
I have several 9mm Makarov pistols, CZ 82, P-64, and Makarov. I love the CZ 82.

Let me preface that I carry a G22 for work and own a G23/G27 as well. I have carried both and the CZ is just way more comfortable to carry due to the lack of sharp corners. THe Glocks just jabbed me me in my hip and was uncomfortable. One day I bought the CZ and I fell in love. Even though it is substansially heavier, much more comfortable.

I am looking for something of similar size in the 9mm luger or .40. I just want something in a more accessable caliber, the Mak hollow point ammo is hard to find. I am trying to get the new pwr ball stuff but I hate paying more on Gunbroker.

Just looking for options, as it stands I am way happy with what I have but its nice to always have a new reason to get another gun.

Sagen

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for different gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bugoy1
February 28, 2010, 10:37 AM
How about a Bersa 9mm? They are very comfortable guns. It is also a little different since so many overlook them due to their low prices. Ask anyone who owns one and they will tell you how much they love them. They are accurate and reliable.
There really are a lot of good choices out there.

Guillermo
February 28, 2010, 10:55 AM
Get an HK P7. You will be glad you did

bdb benzino
February 28, 2010, 12:21 PM
Dont over look Kahr's offerings!

Guillermo
February 28, 2010, 12:51 PM
I have a Kahr PM9 for deep concealment. Good dependable gun

9mmepiphany
February 28, 2010, 02:54 PM
quality handguns don't get much more "different" than the H&K P-7...the only downside is that after buying one, you'll want another one

Shadow 7D
February 28, 2010, 02:58 PM
EAA zastava m-8

Baby tok in 9mm, little ruff, but nice overall gun, also in .40

Or you can try one of your CZ's brethren, lots of choices in the CZ line from a subcompact to full size.

lilidiot
February 28, 2010, 03:16 PM
You already have the best there is, Glock and CZ. Anything else can't even come close in quality or reliability. Silver Bear 9xa18 hollow points are great and 12.95 a box of 50. The also are great in the P 64 as well.

The 9x18 Makarov cartridge has been a formidable man stopper for years.

lilidiot
February 28, 2010, 03:56 PM
http://www.dkgtrading.com/bearammo/

MADDOG
February 28, 2010, 04:14 PM
I just bought 2 boxes of Hornady HP ammo (25 per box) for $18.00 per box. It's out there. When you see it grab it. I carry my old Bulgie most of the time.

lilidiot
February 28, 2010, 05:09 PM
I'm telling yeah! This guys are really missing out on some real fine pistols by ignoring the Makarov 9x18. Chrome line bores and great craftsmanship and built like tanks. You don't have to break them in either. They are a heck of a sight better than that junk and pig iron coming out of South America!:D

Guillermo
February 28, 2010, 07:59 PM
Anything else can't even come close in quality or reliability

that is funny

tell another one

Mayo
February 28, 2010, 09:08 PM
I have to agree---P7M8

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for different gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!