2010 700 SPS Varmit questions

PDA

hadmanysons
February 28, 2010, 11:34 AM
I bought I new rifle yesterday. When I was looking at it I thought it was the 700LTR because it had that thick bull barrel, the same looking stock and the extra swivel stud up front for a bipod.

But oh was I wrong. It's the NEW SPS Varmit. Said so right on the box and I went to Remingtons website just to verify.

I bought it anyway because I was looking to get a SPS Tactical and make a build out of that.

My question is this, Does my new Varmit have the same barrel (I know it's 6" longer) than the Tactical?

I'm referring to the thickness of the barrel of couse. My in .820 OD at the muzzle and it looks the same, I was just curios. I know it doesn't have the Hogue stock(which I didn't like anyway) and doesn't have "Tactical" printed on the side, but other than that they seem the same

If you enjoyed reading about "2010 700 SPS Varmit questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hadmanysons
February 28, 2010, 09:33 PM
No body? Can someone who has a SPS Tactical maybe measure the OD of their barrel?

P.B.Walsh
February 28, 2010, 10:38 PM
No SPS-T, but my '08 SPS-V has a muzzle of .750.

Bobarino
March 1, 2010, 03:21 AM
it depends on which caliber you got. the .223 LTR has a faster twist rate than the SPS-V in the same caliber. 1"9 vs 1:12. in the other calibers, it's the same barrel, just shorter. i have an SPS V in .308 and the muzzle diameter is .820. it's a great shooting gun too!

If you enjoyed reading about "2010 700 SPS Varmit questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!