Kim Ahrends does great work (S&W Model 28 grips)

PDA

1KPerDay
February 28, 2010, 01:04 PM
Much better fit than other grips I've tried; very high quality.

vid here for those interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id-axlM0tFc&feature=channel

If you enjoyed reading about "Kim Ahrends does great work (S&W Model 28 grips)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joe_security
February 28, 2010, 02:39 PM
While the grips were off you could have: Oiled the rebounding hammer /spring, and the coil spring that powers the hammer. Use a needle oiler for this. It doesnt take much oil, only a drop on each. Not to be too critical but the finish on those beautiful Ahernds grips will last quite a bit longer if you dont slide them across the workbench like that. The same goes for the Model 28.

1KPerDay
February 28, 2010, 06:55 PM
The finish on the table is very smooth, but I'll be more careful in the future. The hammer spring is not a coil spring on this model BTW.

I'd like to do a S&W disassembly/reassembly video if you have any input or advice. :cool:

joe_security
February 28, 2010, 10:44 PM
Silly of me...I forgot about the leaf spring...I guess I had J-frame on the brain !!! Nice grips, enjoy that classic wheelgun !

If you enjoyed reading about "Kim Ahrends does great work (S&W Model 28 grips)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!