Colt SAA, Nickel or blue?

PDA

sixgun MAK
February 28, 2010, 09:49 PM
Which finish do you like best?

I pick nickel.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt SAA, Nickel or blue?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LightningMan
February 28, 2010, 10:10 PM
Personally I prefer the look of Colt SAA with case-hardened frame & blued cylinder, barrel, back-strap, & trigger guard, but if you want to shoot it and still retain most of it's value, then nickled is the way to go. The finish is more durable & cleans up easy, where as bluing wears & case-hardening fades the more you shoot it. Usually if you have problems with nickle plating flaking off, it was a poor job done by the factory. Just my opinion, LM.

Jim K
March 1, 2010, 02:46 PM
If you can keep the nickel looking good, or keep the gun in a case, nickel looks great. But nickel is a soft metal and IMHO, chipped, peeling, scratched or worn nickel looks a lot worse than the wear on a blued gun.

Jim

rcmodel
March 1, 2010, 02:52 PM
Blue & color case for me.

The nickle ones shine like a lighthouse when out in the sun, and it is near impossible for me to see the sights for accurate shooting.

Besides, a blue & case Colt looks like a Colt should look.
A nickle one looks too much like a Ruger stainless steel New Model.

rc

Fremmer
March 1, 2010, 02:53 PM
Blued!

Because blue is beautiful. And it ain't easy being green.

glockman19
March 1, 2010, 06:49 PM
I love the Nickle. I want to get a model #1641. 4.75" .357.

bannockburn
March 1, 2010, 07:52 PM
Nickel with ivory stocks, preferably with the Colt logo on them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt SAA, Nickel or blue?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!