Kel-Tec PF9 grip extension on a Taurus 709 magazine

PDA

Ben86
March 1, 2010, 12:42 PM
I cannot seem to locate any 709 grip extensions, but I have read that one can use the pf9 grip extension on a 709 magazine and it works fine. I was wondering if anyone has tried this and whether or not it worked out before I buy a couple.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kel-Tec PF9 grip extension on a Taurus 709 magazine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wnycollector
March 1, 2010, 04:54 PM
If the PF-9 grip extension works, then the Pearce kahr PM-9 grip extensions will work on it with minor modifications. Check out KTOG for a sticky on how to modify the grip extensions!

AJChenMPH
March 1, 2010, 05:32 PM
Here's the thread you want to check out:

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=29674.0

Ben86
March 5, 2010, 01:31 AM
I just want to make it clear that the pf-9 grip extensions do not properly fit the T709 magazines. The magazine spring "peg" on the Taurus is square and the hole on the pf-9 extension is round. Square peg, round hole you get the picture.

I really wish Taurus would make an extension dang it. I'd even take a pierce extension. Oh well.

AJChenMPH
March 5, 2010, 10:13 AM
Looks like you posted on that thread that I linked -- if so, you probably saw that I mentioned that I did ask Pearce if they were planning on making an extension. This was their reply: "An extension for the Taurus PT709 Slim is being discussed, however there are no start or completion dates set at this time."

Ben86
March 5, 2010, 10:46 AM
Oh well, the stock grip is still fine enough. Perfecting perfection, you know how that goes.

Ben86
March 6, 2010, 01:30 AM
I just want to add the Kel-Tec customer service is very prompt and kind. I almost feel like a jerk for getting my money back on the grip extensions. Gosh.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kel-Tec PF9 grip extension on a Taurus 709 magazine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!