Semi-auto rifle (choice traded for a lever-action rifle) -- Savage Model 99 in .300 Savage.
Shotgun -- Remington 870 OR 11/87, 12-gauge.
That's my utility/everyday use dream list.
Now, if we were talking the highly speculative dream list...
Revolver -- S&W No. 3 with tools and detachable shoulder stock.
Semi-auto -- Savage Model 1905 in .45 ACP
Bolt-action rifle -- Winchester Model 70 in .300 Savage (about a dozen examples remain/are known).
Semi-auto or lever-action rifle -- Tough choice, but I think I'd go with a Winchester 1886 in .50-110.
Shotgun -- Parker. Don't care which, just a Parker.
November 20, 2003, 01:19 PM
-S&W 625 "Mountain Gun" 4", .45 Colt
-Colt NRM Gov't Model, .45ACP
-Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk.I, .303. (Heard nothing but goodness about 'em!)
-Toss up: Orion 7 M1 Garand, .30-06, or my beloved DSA FAL in .308
-Remington 870 police, 12 gauge, 18.5" barrel, parkerized, ghost ring sights, military heat shield/barrel clamp/bayonet lug combo, refeved safety
November 20, 2003, 01:27 PM
Just fer fun....
Blackhawk in .44 mag, 7-1/2"(?) barrel (got that)
1911 (will trade my Ruger p90)
Winchester mod 70 in .416 (takes the place of the old .30-30)
M1a (got one)
One of those nice Benellis (hate to part with my long or short 12 bores)
November 20, 2003, 01:36 PM
1. Revolver: 4" GP100 or 6" S&W 29
2. Autoloader: 1911 style in 45 or 9mm
3. Bolt Action Rifle: Custom shop Remington 700 in 6.5x55 or Mannlicher-Schoenauer (with the full length stock) in 6.5x54 (dunno why, just like the looks)
4. Semi-Auto Rifle: any decent 22lr semiauto
5. Shotgun: any 20 or 28gauge SxS of high quality and genteel looks :D
November 20, 2003, 01:46 PM
Revolver: Either a 6" .357 Mateba or a 7.5" .45LC Peacemaker
Autoloader: 10mm Dan Wesson Razorback
Bolt Action Rifle: .308 Steyr Scout
Semi-Auto Rifle: Beretta BM-59
Shotgun: Mossberg 590
November 20, 2003, 01:56 PM
Revolver: Magnum Research 45-70 with 10" bbl
Autoloader: Coonan Model B with factory comp and a dozen magazines
Lever Rifle: 50 Alaskan Marlin conversion
Semi: Barrett 50cal
Shotgun: 4 bore punt gun
November 20, 2003, 02:18 PM
1. Revolver(one of those SW .45ACP wheelguns thats been slicked up)
2. Autoloader (Sig 220ST)
3. Bolt Action Rifle (Remington 700PSS in .308)
4. Semi-Auto Rifle (AR or FAL varient)
5. Shotgun (Remington 870)
November 20, 2003, 02:32 PM
Dream gun (though I don't know that it would even be my favorite when I finally get one): Colt Python
However, I'd probably go the more practical route and get a 3" or 4" S&W K-frame .357mag (my S&W 65LS being a strong contender). You can't beat them for versatility. If I ever get to a carry state a 3" or 4" K-frame would be pretty easy to conceal, they are heavy enough to be comfortable and fun to shoot, they are strong enough to take limited usage of the strongest magnum loadings and they can easily take the lighter magnum loadings, being a .357mag they can shoot cheap .38s all day long, etc.
Hard choice. I love my CZ75B and 9mm is cheap. However, I also love 1911s and .45acp. It would probably be between one of the CZ75/85 models and a Valtro 1911. Either way I'd add the .22lr conversion kit.
3. Bolt Action Rifle
Howa, CZ, or Winchester Classic Featherweight in .243 or 6.5x55.
4. Semi-Auto Rifle
The M1A would probably be high on the list. It is a strong want and the caliber is still available in cheap surplus and it can do all you want a rifle to do.
However, if I could only ever have one the AR 15 would probably have to win (I don't know why I don't have one yet). The first rifle I ever shot was the M16 in Basic Training so there would be some sentimental value. It is also highly versatile. By switching out uppers I could shoot .22lr for cheap practice and use at indoor pistol ranges and I could buy a 9mm upper for HD and use at indoor pistol ranges.
Remington 11/87 or 870 with a 24+" and 18.5" barrel. HD and possibly get into skeet or trap.
I would have to add one catagory. There is no way I would go without a lever rifle. If only one it would be a Winchester 94 in either .44 or .357mag. If I can't add a catagory I'm not sure if I'd substitute it for the bolt or semi rifle, probably the bolt but I might change my mind (if I had to substitute it for something else I'd probably replace the bolt rifle with the lever rifle and then I'd be more likely to go with the M1A as the semi, or maybe I'd go with an AR10).
Yeah, I know, the BH should be a 44, but the 45 is lighter for packin' and equally versatile in the ammo dept. You did say only ONE of each.
November 20, 2003, 03:12 PM
If we're talking FREE...
Rev - Either an original Peacemaker in .45LC or a Webley-Fosbury
Semi - Clark Custom Millenium Edition, with a different front sight...
Bolt - Kifaru Rambling rifle system
Semi - I'd try to swap this off for an original Committee of Safety Brown Bess
Shotgun - Highest grade Purdey - 16ga SxS, if you please.
If you're gonna go, you may as well go all the way.
Revolver: S&W .500
Autoloader: FN Five seveN
Bolt Rifle: Remington 700 .308
Shotgun: Benelli M3
What the heck, it's a wish list.
November 20, 2003, 03:34 PM
Ooooooooo.... Sunspot, that Five-Seven would almost make me change my mind from the HK. This was a Money is no option Thread, that pistol completely slipped my mind.
November 20, 2003, 03:41 PM
1. Revolver - S&W Mod 13 Round butt with a 4" barrel, Pinned and Recessed, with 3 cylinders and cranes fitted; #1 just recessed in 357, #2 cut for moon clips in 357, #3 recessed in 38 spec, never made in this configuration but this is what I want.
2. Autoloader - Colt 1911A1 in the original blue, with an original colt 22 cal slide (Ace)???
3. Bolt Action Rifle - 1903A3 or Rem 700 titanium or an original commercial Mauser 98 in 276 mauser
4. Semi-Auto Rifle - M16A3, Ace light weight stock, folding front and rear sight, carry handle, 16" lightweight barrel, M4 foreend, OKO sight
5. Shotgun - Ithaca Mod 37 as issued to US Govt
Edit to Add
6. Levergun - Marlin 1894c with Marbles tang sight. Gotta have one cause it is a hoot to shoot
2. Makarov (experience) I bet my life to this piece >45 H&K model 23 (the one the special forces uses by reputation only)
3. Don't know for sure no experience maybe Savage 110 in .308 Maybe Remington 700 in .308 Whatever the Marines use for sniper rifles.
4. My AK47 (SAR !) Over 4,000 rounds and only 1 missfire due to bad round it was a wolf round and so was at least 2,000 of the others maybe 3,000
Beet that for reliability. And she is as accurate as I am. (I'm no sniper) Might consider DSA FAL by reputation (.308) Mybe M1a/M14 .308 Definately battle proven
Though reality says anything I'm gonna shoot is within the 300 meter range and my AK will suffice.
5. I'm staisfied with my Winchester 12 Ga. pump Ranger 120 W/ slug barrel
Would like Saiga 12 Ga. w/ short barrel and pistol grip (repuatation only)
Mine is for hunting obviously but I would like the Saiga for combat / home defense.
I'm not a frilly kind of guy I just want to happen exactly what I expect to happen as often as posssible........I value dependability and reliability.
3" inches left of center 100% of the time is better than dead center 50% of the time.
Just playing along.
November 20, 2003, 11:40 PM
1.) Smith & Wesson Model 66-2 P & R Combat Magnum with 3-inch tube
2.) Colt Lightweight Commander, Series 70
3.) Armalite AR-50
4.) Springfield Armory M-1A
5.) Remington 11-87 tricked out by Scattergun Technologies
6.) if allowed a lever action carbine, would be a Marlin in 357 magnum
November 21, 2003, 08:32 AM
1. uhhh...... can I just have a second USP? :)
2. HK USP Tactical
3. AI AE
4. HK PSG-1
5. Benelli M1S90 Entry Model
November 21, 2003, 02:47 PM
Without question a 4 or 6 inch stainless steel Smith And Wesson 686 NIB from the early 1980's. The guns were made a little different then, (better quality in my personal opinion) and the monies would not support a company that Danced with the devil and has yet to officially and formally rescind the stupidity they entered into while Clinton was in office. The old 686's are very accurate,have a super positive feel, and are just TOP NOTCH revolvers.
Again no contest here. The best auto pistol I have ever had the pleasure to shoot is the Valtro (http://www.valtrousa.com/) as worked on by John Jardine of Jardine's Custom. In fact since you say money is no object, I'd have Jardine's Custom Handguns (http://www.jardinescustom.com/) build me a REALLY nice pistol.. It would include:
Hard Chrome with Black coating over it
POSSIBLY: 'gentlemans carry' magwell
Black Diamond Grips
beavertail vortex grip safety
Low mount extended thumb safety
tool steel hammer, sear, and disconnector
Custom Fit Trigger rounded to my index finger
2.5 lb trigger
action job (trigger job)
combat forced angle rear sight
rear sight serrated LIGHTLY
Rear sight tritium inserts SUBTLE unsure configuration maybe thin
horizontal at mid level to make 'crosshairs'
Thin Vertical Tritium Insert in front sight
frontstrap checkering should not be as pronounced or sharp as Valtro
Tasteful Serrations or checkering on left side of slide just below ejection port.
Standard screwhead grip screws no torx.
Squared front of trigger guard
3. Bolt Action Rifle
I think I'd go for a Nor-Cal Precision (http://www.norcalprecision.com/) rifle again. This tiome however instead of the HEAVY sniper-style rifles that Jerry is so famous for, I think I'd ask him to make me a lightweight hunter in either 308 or 300mag. I think I'd have him drop in a Jewell trigger too! I'd top it with a Nightforce scope or maybe even a Unertl. Last time I was at his shop Jerry showed me a rifle he was making for a return customer that was almost as described above and I was really impresed!
4. Semi-Auto Rifle
Tough call here. If I was out of Ca, I'd go for a HK something or other... Since I am stuck in Gun-Hell however, I'd probably just see if I couldn't get my hands on a Gas Trap Grand Rifle (http://www.memorableplaces.com/m1garand/)
Have not studied these enough to really know, but I do not have a double barrel or a 'combat' shotgun yet... That might be a way to go. Of course price being no object I'd probably get one of the 20k custom jobs and sell it :-)
November 21, 2003, 04:01 PM
Thes I have.
1. Revolver Ruger securiuty Six 357 Magnum
2. Autoloader Ruger P/90 45ACP
3. Bolt Action Rifle Remington model 700 in 300 win mag w/Shepard scope
4. Semi-Auto Rifle Ruger mini 14 with detachable scope mounts.
5. Shotgun Browning gold hunter 3 1/2"
These are the go to guns that rarely stay home on a trip afield.
I dont really need or want, but I will buy more anyhow:evil: .
November 21, 2003, 05:10 PM
Excluding some exotic firearms, here is my list:
1. SW686 4"
2. HK P7M8
3. Steyr SSG
4. HK G3/SG
5. Benelli M1
November 21, 2003, 09:33 PM
1) Revolver - Webley-Fosbery. If I can only have one, make it elusive and expensive.
2) Pistol - Schnellfeuer Mauser w/shoulder stock holster
3) Bolt Gun - Rem 700 LTR in 308
4) Semi-Auto rifle - Barrett M82 in 50 cal w/Leupold MK IV 10x in Badger Ordnance Rings
5) Krieghoff, like the ad says, when you're tired of fooling around and ready to settle down, marry a Krieghoff.
OK, practical list
1) Ruger GP100 4" stainless steel. Workhouse that won't quit.
2) ParaOrdnance LDA w/hi-cap in 45 ACP. Easy to fix and you don't need fancy tools to do so.
3) Bolt Gun - same as above
5) Rem 870 w/speedfeed stock & side saddle ammo carrier
November 21, 2003, 10:15 PM
1.)Revolver- Honestly dunno about a revolver...
2.)Semi-Pistol- A Kimber...top of the line of course
3.)Bolt gun- Wow that would require more thought than i just wish to do right now..
4.)Semi-Auto Rifle... I guess an AR is out of the question huh?
5.)Shotgun- Since we are dreaming here.. a Neostead would rock
November 21, 2003, 10:36 PM
Revolver--6" Stainless Steel Ruger GP100
Bolt--Thompson Encore (not really a bolt, but I think it fits best in this category.)
Semi-Auto--DSA SA58 Fal. Medium Contour barrel.
Shotgun--Remington Marine Magnum 12ga
Here's the really cool thing. I already have all those with the exception of the DSA SA58. I do have an FAL, but it's an Imbel.
November 22, 2003, 12:33 AM
Weatherby 7mm Mag.
Ruger Red Label 12 ga.
November 22, 2003, 12:55 AM
Revolver: Smith & Wesson Model 500 .500 S&W Magnum
Autoloder: Custom Race SVI 1911 .45 ACP
Bolt Rifle: Blaser LRS2 Magnum .338 Lapua