I see all these good deals

PDA

NMGonzo
March 1, 2010, 10:49 PM
All over the place.

German, Austrian, Argentinean, American ... every place and brand I like and for some reason I cannot come to love them anymore.

I am increasingly afraid that I have become a 1911 snob.

Is there a cure?

It would be nice to have a gun in .40 again and not be paying up the nose for .45

If you enjoyed reading about "I see all these good deals" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lions
March 2, 2010, 12:12 AM
I believe your cure is a 1911 chambered in 9mm. No paying up the nose for ammo and you still maintain your level of 1911 snobbery.:D

Just One Shot
March 2, 2010, 10:56 AM
I am just the opposite. I prefer the modern platforms over the 1911 design. I traded off my 1911 because it just didn't do it for me. :eek:

I would suggest you find a range that rents handguns or go out with a friend who has some and fire some of the different firearms that are out there.

I have a S&W M&P Compact and an XD Sub Compact in .40 S&W and they both shoot great.

You don't have to give up your 1911 like I did but there's no reason you can't enjoy some of the other offerings and save some cash in the process.

If you enjoyed reading about "I see all these good deals" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!