Stoney Point Gages

PDA

roc1
March 1, 2010, 10:00 PM
Does anyone use the Stoney point gages to check bullet seating depth. Does anyone use them to setup the resizing dies? I am interested if these steps are necessary or not worth it unless you are a benchrest shooter? I am trying to make my reloads as accurate as possible.
Thanks
roc1

If you enjoyed reading about "Stoney Point Gages" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dirtman
March 1, 2010, 10:20 PM
I like the stoney point gage to find the lands... it works well for that... but to set my resizing dies i really like a RCBS precision mic, does a real nice job.... then i weigh and sort all brass when working up a good round... for 308 a use about 3 grains spread on the wieght of the brass.... it takes time but very worth well as you can alway improve on the accuracy and have a lot of fun in the process.... I am not nearly as fussy when chasing white tails as most shots are less than 100 yards.

USSR
March 2, 2010, 07:37 AM
I use the Stoney Point (now Hornady) O.A.L. Gauge to set up my seating die, and the RCBS Precision Mic to set up my resizing die.

Don

coop923
March 5, 2010, 01:40 AM
I use the Stoney Point gauge to find the length to the lands like dirtman and set my seating die accordingly.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stoney Point Gages" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!