Glock Mags for Gen4

PDA

JaxNovice
March 2, 2010, 07:44 AM
Can older mags be used in the new Gen4 Glocks or do I have to stock up on new special Gen4 mags?

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock Mags for Gen4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
atomd
March 2, 2010, 08:10 AM
The older mags can be used as long as you don't switch the mag release to the right side of the pistol. If you reverse the mag release then you have to have gen4 mags.

ForumSurfer
March 2, 2010, 03:51 PM
The older mags can be used as long as you don't switch the mag release to the right side of the pistol. If you reverse the mag release then you have to have gen4 mags.

What he said!

To the OP, I guess you're the only other guy willing to admit that he bought a Gen4?

:D

md7
March 3, 2010, 09:58 AM
to my knowlege, the magazines will interchange so long as the magazine release on the gen 4 is located in the same spot as previous models.

i do not think that the recoil spring and barrel is interchangeable between gen 4's and previous Glock models. someone correct me if that is incorrect.

atomd
March 3, 2010, 11:28 AM
i do not think that the recoil spring and barrel is interchangeable between gen 4's and previous Glock models. someone correct me if that is incorrect.

The recoil spring is not interchangeable since the Gen4 uses a different assembly so you won't be able to swap out your Gen3 for the new assembly (it's similar in design to the Glock 26/27 recoil spring assembly). The barrels are slightly different although I have read reports that say that some conversion barrels and older factory barrels are working reliably in Gen4 models with thousands of rounds fired. Don't take my word for it though because I don't think they are technically "supposed" to be interchangeable....but we shall see.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock Mags for Gen4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!