March Rimfire Match:

PDA

Maverick223
March 2, 2010, 01:33 PM
This one is open to any and EVERY 22 caliber (as well as 17 and 20 caliber) rimfire rifle including 22 Mag, 17HMR, and 5mm Rem RF Mag. This match is meant to be challenging and FUN. Hopefully it will get you out to the range and shooting your rifle. If you can make sure an bring a friend too.

You may enter with multiple rifles.

There is Two Optics Divisions:
->50 feet for iron sights and non-magnified optics and red dots
->50 feet for any Scope or Magnified sighting device.
Please note the change in distance. This change is to ensure that everyone that wants to participate, and has access to an indoor/outdoor range of at least 50' in length, is afforded the opportunity.

There are Two Rifle Classes:
->Unlimited/Target Rifles (highly modified rifles, rests, target sights, high magnification optics- over 10x [in the appropriate division] may be used, all .17cal rifles should be classified as "Unlimited Target")
->Sporting Rifles (Includes All Non-Target Class Autoloaders, Bolt Actions, Single Shots, Pumps, & Lever Rifles)

Target Class can be shot from any position, Sporting Class is shot from any position without a rest or sandbags (bipods are allowed). When you are satisfied you've done your best post, or PM me a photo of your target to me for scoring with the following information. The Targets Will Be Included (or linked) Below...

Targets are attached to posts 2 and 3...

All submissions due before March 32nd, 2010.

If you enjoyed reading about "March Rimfire Match:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
purchawk
March 2, 2010, 08:04 PM
Mav: This might work for scoped, if it's not too hard to score. It's a challenge.

Maverick223
March 2, 2010, 08:05 PM
I like it...one down one to go...brb...

Back...How is the linked one for the non-magnified? Similar logic behind it...

:)

purchawk
March 2, 2010, 09:46 PM
Mav:

Yeah, I like that one, too, for non-magnified.

Maverick223
March 2, 2010, 09:48 PM
[Voice of God]Then it is done![/Voice of God] :thunderclap:

:D

Caliper_RWVA
March 2, 2010, 11:50 PM
Wow! Exciting targets!

One question though, what counts as "Highly modified"? I'm going to be doing some trigger work on my Rem 597. Polished hammer or a VQ hammer and a lighter sear spring and possibly a sear stop. How far can I go before I've gotta play with the big boys?

Maverick223
March 3, 2010, 12:16 AM
One question though, what counts as "Highly modified"?I'd say a match bbl is probably what makes or breaks a target class rifle. You are good to go with your planned work.

mickeydim468
March 3, 2010, 01:17 AM
In sporting magnified and non magnified sporting, I can't use a rest? If that is the case, then my magnified target for last month is no good. I used a rest (My red work bench in the pics on my 300 pictures page) on a folding card table with a plastic chair. On the open sites, I used my hand up against the back of my Suburban while standing.

You will probably have to count me out of the contests if I can't be supported in some way. My back won't let me shoot without something. Even hunting, I have to lean on something or have some sort of "help".

Good luck guys!

Have fun!

Mike!

Maverick223
March 3, 2010, 01:33 AM
Mickey, you can rest your arms on something (bench, car, et cetera), just as long as the rifle isn't directly supported by the rest (other than a bipod). Same or prone, you can rest your elbow on the ground and hold the rifle (otherwise shooting prone would be next to impossible). Sounds like that is what you did (at least in one instance) during the last match. Will that work for you?

The main reason to keep the sporting class unsupported is because that is how it is in the field...you can't (easily anyway) bring your leadsled and set up at a bench. That equipment is generally relegated to duty on the firing line for target shooting.

Also, if yourself or anyone else wants to use any of the aforementioned gear it is fine to move up a class with an otherwise "sporting class" rifle.

baldeagle93
March 3, 2010, 01:36 AM
How many shots on the "know your limits" target?

Maverick223
March 3, 2010, 01:39 AM
How many shots on the "know your limits" target?How ever many you want...you have to "know your limits". You can stop at any point, but if you keep going and miss...you get a "goose egg" for that stage (two stages/sets per target). Makes it challenging and more interesting. ;)

baldeagle93
March 3, 2010, 01:42 AM
Sounds fun...I can't wait to get out and shoot!

mickeydim468
March 3, 2010, 01:43 AM
Well, I did not understand completely the rules last month, so my magnified score needs to be stricken then. I did use the rest to help me shoot. Not that it really helped me that much, but still I want to be fair and follow the rules. My apologies to the folks who didn't use a rest. It was not my intentions to cheat. I just misunderstood. I will shoot within the parameters of what has been put forth by Maverick in posts #1 and #9.

I would understand if you wanted me to be disqualified for a month or something going forward.

Mike

baldeagle93
March 3, 2010, 02:02 AM
I'd say that my bi-pod gets better support than Mike's tool box and lawn chair! My vote is to let it ride!

Mav, what about a three system that is not a sled, like a bi-pod with a butt-pod?

Maverick223
March 3, 2010, 02:06 AM
I would understand if you wanted me to be disqualified for a month or something going forward.Not at all, this is a friendly competition. There was no mal-intent and the competition is for FUN...if you had fun participating, learned something, became a better rifleman, had a chance to spend more time with a friend/family member at the range, or made a new friend, then you WON, doesn't matter what your score was. Join in, and have fun. http://forums.nitroexpress.com/images/graemlins/smilies/general/drink1.gif

Maverick223
March 3, 2010, 02:09 AM
I'd say that my bi-pod gets better support than Mike's tool box and lawn chair! My vote is to let it ride!I agree.

Mav, what about a three system that is not a sled, like a bi-pod with a butt-pod?I think a mono-pod/butt-pod is going a bit far for sporting class but fine for the target class (it is an open/unlimited).

Texas Gun Person
March 3, 2010, 02:23 AM
Well I broke a vital piece to my normal .22 rifle (new part is suppose to ship soon) So I'll try the no scoped this weekend with a very old... Remington Model 550-1 I think. I have not even shot the thing in years. :D Bore is pretty beat up as well. But it's all in good fun.

mickeydim468
March 3, 2010, 02:49 AM
Alright, well I wanted to make sure I was honest and that you all knew that no mal-intent was implied.

I would have understood if you had penalties for dishonesty here.

I will say, that this little competition really did do all of those things you mentioned Maverick. Firstly, I took my daughter out shooting and she had a blast. I am not sure though which she had more fun doing, shooting, or playing in the mud puddle behind me while I was not looking. Secondly, my neighbor and I set a day aside to go shoot for this, and we both ended up inviting another guy to go along and shoot too. The 4 of us met a guy in a wheelchair who does some amateur gunsmithing work as a sideline to help support his shooting habits. He also teaches self defense and hopes to be certified with the NRA for their self defense course soon. and last but not least, I was able to take my middle son out to the range (IE BLM land) and we spent the better part of last Sunday together shooting. Now he didn't seem to be having too much fun until I let him shoot some 2 litre soda bottles that he filled with water. But we did end up having a great time and laughed all the way home.

Is this little friendly competition a worthy cause? Even an idiot would have to answer "Yes" to that question.

Thank you for putting it on and keeping it going!

Mike

purchawk
March 3, 2010, 11:51 AM
Mike:

You get a star for honesty and attitude, but in my opinion, you need not sweat any "violation" of the rules.

I'm handicapped and can't shoot standing up or prone, so I do everything from a chair.

I shoot supported on a rest for the target class, and I didn't shoot sporting class last month because it called for no rest, although I could have harnessed up in my military sling and shot with elbows down on a table and still been inside the rule.

This month (thank you Mav!) we can use a bipod in sporting, so I'll try it.

Mike, you can get a cheap--$8--but very effective bipod that clips on the barrel for just this kind of shooting. It's labeled for airsoft guns, bit it works swell for rimfires.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_Zytel_Clamp_on_Bipod_for_airsoft_guns/773

Have I got the rules right, Mav?

mickeydim468
March 3, 2010, 11:54 AM
Sweet! That thing looks like I could make it work.

Thanks Hawk!

Maverick223
March 3, 2010, 12:04 PM
Is this little friendly competition a worthy cause? Even an idiot would have to answer "Yes" to that question.That's why we keep it going. Thank you for helping to get others to join in.

Have I got the rules right, Mav?Sure do.

Also if the majority would like to add rests in all classes (or perhaps add a new class, we formerly had three classes) that can be arranged as well (for next mo.).

mickeydim468
March 3, 2010, 02:57 PM
or perhaps add a new class

A class for supported/bench rest non-modified rifles might be good. Then I wouldn't feel so guilty!:D

You get a star for honesty and attitude, but in my opinion, you need not sweat any "violation" of the rules.

I really would like a level playing field. I am quite competitive, and when I found out I was not conforming, it really bothered me. Sorry for that. I am OK now! :neener:

Thanks guys!

Mike

baldeagle93
March 3, 2010, 07:15 PM
Mav-questions concerning the targets...

Decreasing Dots in Circles Target...One shot per target for a total of 15 shots? Scoring by adding the numbers below the target to accumulate score?

My adult ADD wouldn't allow me to work and read all the details in the rule for the second target...it's amazing how much better something makes sense when you READ all the words...especially that all important "UNMAGNIFIED" one. :cuss: :banghead:

Maverick223
March 3, 2010, 08:35 PM
Decreasing Dots in Circles Target...One shot per target for a total of 15 shots? Scoring by adding the numbers below the target to accumulate score?Yep, one shot per little target, with no penalty for missing (on the magnified one). Scored as indicated on the sheet, all you have to do is break the edge of the center dot to get points. I think this month promises to be a challenging one. ;)

lopezni
March 5, 2010, 11:50 PM
Man if the snow melts fast enough, I might have a chance to make it this month. I tried to shoot my new CZ for the first time in February. I was standing it 10" of snow, with leather shoes on. I got through ten rounds and realized that my shivering was really affecting my accuracy. I think the snow is at a depth of 8" now. C'mon sun!

sneedb82
March 6, 2010, 03:37 PM
Welp... just got back from the range. I made a meager attempt at the shoot at 75 feet. our range is 25/50/100.... so I attempted the 25yd shot off a bench with my Marlin 60 stock. Has a 3-9x40mm Bushnell Scope. Will post pictures later of the target. I used a shoot n see target to keep the paper on the target holder, and it ripped the target in half.... so, hopefully you won't count off too much ;)

Thanks.http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/sneedb82/guns/Marlin/DSCN0076.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/sneedb82/guns/Marlin/DSCN0077.jpg

I couldn't get a very good clarity without losing all of the targets on the outside. My apologies.

Orlando
March 6, 2010, 04:28 PM
Hey Maverick, just a quick question. So a bipod is allowed but not bags or a rest? Whats the difference I'm confused?
I'm all for unsupported with only the shooters body supporting the rifle but doesnt seem fair to the rest of us if a bipod is allowed?
I know this is just friendly competion, not trying to stir the pot just trying to see if I understand the rules properly.
Thanks

Heavenlyfire
March 6, 2010, 08:43 PM
I hate to ask stupid questions but here she goes. On the "know your limits" target, do you just keep shooting until you decide to stop or miss? In other words, can a person just keep shooting at the 5 point target and rack them up? Or do you just shoot once per circle until you decide to stop or miss?

Caliper_RWVA
March 6, 2010, 11:26 PM
Well, my g/f wanted me to zero in the scope on her new 10/22. Decided I should do it at 50' :D and couldn't help but try out the new target after the scope was shooting right. (getting 0.8" groups prone, no bipod) It's a great little rifle and her father found her a great scope to shoot it with. Hopefully I'll get her to print a few targets soon. :cool:

So, I am sure this is at least a 61, but curious what the ruling might be on the 16 and 28 bulls?

http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/45155/2991040160083184085S600x600Q85.jpg (http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2991040160083184085QccfiM)

Orlando: great question. I assumed last month that upsupported would have precluded using a bipod, but picked up a pair of adjustable length shooting sticks to use as a bipod today (don't want one permanently attached). I figure if the rules allow it I'll go for it, but no problem keeping things simple either.

Maverick223
March 7, 2010, 12:14 AM
sneedb82, good job squeezing in the first one, looks like a 64 to me.

So a bipod is allowed but not bags or a rest? Whats the difference I'm confused?For sporting I'd like to keep it as you would find in the field (hunting conditions), and I figured that there is the rare circumstance that you could use an attached bipod (generally there is tall grass blocking/nowhere to sit them), but the rest/bags always stay at home. Shooting sticks would actually be better, and more likely to be used in the field than a bipod.

On the "know your limits" target, do you just keep shooting until you decide to stop or miss? In other words, can a person just keep shooting at the 5 point target and rack them up? Or do you just shoot once per circle until you decide to stop or miss?You have the opportunity to shoot once per circle, but are not required to shoot at each one.

but curious what the ruling might be on the 16 and 28 bulls? 28 looks gtg, but the 16 appears just outside to me, but this is a friendly competition, I'll use your best judgement.

Sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner, I'm out of town this weekend. Great shooting guys!

happygeek
March 7, 2010, 03:05 PM
I think I shot the one on the right at 25 yards, but now I can't remember. The one on the left was at 50 ft. I was using the wife's 22LR M4gery with irons.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x297/fdhs_runner/6Mar50ft.jpg

On a sidenote we're heading back to WA next week. Hopefully I'll be there for a week or so before I have to head out of country for awhile and can get to the range during that week. I've got a printer back there and a range where I can shoot prone with sandbags so I can actually shoot the monthly competition target instead of cheap Walmart targets from a standing position.

Heavenlyfire
March 7, 2010, 05:51 PM
Here are mine, I had a great day at the range. Put about 800 rounds down range.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm218/SassyDlights/3-7-2010_004.jpg
With the wife's 10/22.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm218/SassyDlights/3-7-2010_005.jpg
With a pre-war Savage Model 29.

And just because I was having so much fun I decided to play a bit with the 10/22 and make an add for me and the wife. We are both walking in the 3 Day walk for breast cancer and have to raise money for it. I just had to show off lol.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm218/SassyDlights/3-7-2010_001.jpg

Maverick223
March 7, 2010, 06:57 PM
Great shooting guys, hopefully the fair weather will persist, and I will be able to join you guys next weekend.

griz
March 15, 2010, 08:11 PM
I went ahead and gave it a try. Both rifles were scoped because my eyes aren't good enough without them. The sporter class was a Ruger 77-22 with a cheap variable set at 4X. I shot it with my elbow on the bench. Literally a bench as I shot off the back porch, being lucky enough to be able to shoot in the yard. The target class was with a different 77-22 set up with a nice Burris target scope set at 10 power. It was shot with a cobbled together rest. Both rifles were loaded with Rem sunsonic HP's.

As you can see in the sporter class I have last place locked up with a score of zero. I shot an extra shot for fun, which was also a miss.

Did better in the other, as near as I can tell it's a 194. I'm counting the 16,22,24, and 28 as misses, and the rest as hits. The 30 is close but it looks like the edge of the hole just cut into the dot.

Feel free to tell me if I have made a mistake on class or scoring, I'm not positive I understand the system.

And thanks for getting me out for a little trigger time. This is the first shooting I've done this year.

Maverick223
March 15, 2010, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the match griz! If I understood you correctly you used a scope for both targets? The second one, "know your limits", is non-magnified only, but you can use a 1x optic if you have one. Also I think you may have shortchanged yourself on the first one, that 16 looks mighty close.

griz
March 16, 2010, 08:28 AM
OK, I did misunderstand about the non-magnified rule. So I'll have to DQ my zero score:). Seriously, I looked at the target without the scope and am sure I couldn't do better with irons, so my eyes are my limit on that one. If I get a chance I might try with another gun, if that's allowed.

On the other target, there is just a sliver of white between the hole and the dot on the 16, so I'm afraid I'll still call it a miss. I think the angle of camera when I took the picture makes it look closer.

Thanks for the welcome, I might try the next match too.

Maverick223
March 16, 2010, 12:31 PM
So I'll have to DQ my zero score.LOL, do you feel robbed of victory? :D

If I get a chance I might try with another gun, if that's allowedAbsolutely, all are welcome. Last month I gave a few back-safe rimfires a workout.

On the other target, there is just a sliver of white between the hole and the dot on the 16, so I'm afraid I'll still call it a miss. I think the angle of camera when I took the picture makes it look closer.I applaud your honesty. http://forums.nitroexpress.com/images/graemlins/smilies/general/clapping.gif

52grain
March 16, 2010, 09:05 PM
Mav, question on which class I fall into. I have a bone stock Savage Mark II FVT that came with Williams peep sights. Does this fall into the target or sporter class. Also, I should have a Sharp Shooter Supply laminate stock coming in May or June. Will this push me into the target class (if I'm not already in it)?

If everything goes well and the weather holds, I should be able to make it to the range on Thursday.

Would it be possible to use 25 yards next month instead of 50 ft? The range does not have a 50 ft line but does have a 25 yard line. I don't mind being handicapped if others would rather stick with 50 ft.

Also two suggestions for next month:

http://www.mytargets.com/target20.pdf - Maybe 1 point per hit with a 1 point bonus for a head shot?

Maverick223
March 16, 2010, 09:19 PM
klineia, I would say you already fall into the target class because it is a heavy bbl rifle with target sights...and the CMP classifies it as such. Nice rifle.

Would it be possible to use 25 yards next month instead of 50 ft?Absolutely, I was thinking the same thing. In fact, I think it may be best to revert back to the 25/50yd lines (25yds non-magnified, 50yds magnified). Weather is already pretty good here. Just make sure and remind me about the target at the end of the match or I will completely forget. ;)

Caliper_RWVA
March 16, 2010, 11:09 PM
Got another "which class" question. If one were to use a scope capable of greater than 10x magnification, but kept the zoom to 10 or less, that ould still be in the sporting magnified class, right?

Maverick223
March 16, 2010, 11:17 PM
Got another "which class" question. If one were to use a scope capable of greater than 10x magnification, but kept the zoom to 10 or less, that could still be in the sporting magnified class, right?Yes sir, it could.

52grain
March 18, 2010, 11:06 PM
Couldn't see the circles from 25 yards with aperture sights so I filled them in with the RSO's dry eras marker. Gun was the Savage Mark II FVT. Shot off of a bipod.

I think that this is 130 points.

This target was a lot of fun.

Orlando
March 18, 2010, 11:18 PM
You should have shot them at 50 ft like everyone else:)

Maverick223
March 18, 2010, 11:19 PM
Oooh, cheatin' by using a marker [shakes head]. :neener:

Good shooting, you placed the bar pretty high by squeaking in that first 30pt shot. That is definitely a 130. Looks like that Savage works out pretty good, and at 50% greater range to boot. http://forums.nitroexpress.com/images/graemlins/smilies/general/xyxthumbs.gif

52grain
March 18, 2010, 11:34 PM
You should have shot them at 50 ft like everyone else

I wanted to. Don't have a 50 ft line for rifles.

Good shooting, you placed the bar pretty high by squeaking in that first 30pt shot. That is definitely a 130. Looks like that Savage works out pretty good, and at 50% greater range to boot.

You have no idea how hard it was to see that 30 pt ring.

purchawk
March 18, 2010, 11:55 PM
Mav: It finally warmed up here and the 60+ inches of snow melted, so it is possible to get to the range for the first time since Nov.

I tryed out some different ammo in my old Mossberg target rifle, and while doing so slipped into a zone where I couldn't miss.

I think this is a 284, even though the 22 pt. target is just barely nicked.

I don't expect to ever do this well again.

This was a Mossberg 44/144 hybrid (44 action and 144 barrel) with a Bushnell 4X12 scope set on 8X, shooting CCI Standard Velocity 40 gr. at 50 feet.

Maverick223
March 19, 2010, 12:00 AM
WOW!...just wow. http://forums.nitroexpress.com/images/graemlins/smilies/general/Wow_eyes_bug.gif Guess I need smaller targets. http://forums.nitroexpress.com/images/graemlins/smilies/general/dunno.gif

purchawk
March 19, 2010, 09:51 AM
I don't think you can get any smaller targets than that 30 pointer. In fact, the entire first row are too small to see behind the crosshairs.

The old Mossberg, which is an ancient, cobbled together CMP gun with god knows how many rounds through it, loves the CCI standard velocity.

dubbleA
March 21, 2010, 01:16 AM
Had a chance to shoot this month's target after this morning's spring turkey opener.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f268/dubbleA/Targets/THRMarch.jpg

Maverick223
March 21, 2010, 02:39 AM
Somehow I knew that was coming. Great shooting dubbleA!

purchawk
March 21, 2010, 08:47 AM
I knew dubbleA would beat me on style points. Fab shooting.

52grain
March 24, 2010, 09:14 PM
Had an off day at the range. Had fun but shot terribly. :fire: Couple that with the fact that I was out of good ammo and had to shoot with Remington Subsonic :uhoh: and my score is either a 128 or 138. I can't tell whether the 10 is a miss or not. There isn't any white between the edge of the hole and the dot, but the edge of the dot appears to still be round. I think I'll call it a miss for 128.

This target is with my Savage MkII FSS with a BSA Sweet 22 2-7x32 from 25 yards (no 50 ft firing line).

Pulled the gun out of the case for the first time this year and the crosshairs were way out of level. The mounts are tight and the turrets appear to be square to the receiver. Not sure what happened. It didn't get dropped that I can recall.

Maverick223
March 24, 2010, 11:49 PM
klinia, you may have had an off day, but that still ain't too darn bad.

purchawk
March 26, 2010, 09:27 AM
Mav: I'm looking forward today to going to the outdoor range for the first time since Oct., so bring on the 25 or 50 yard contests for next month. Thanks again for going to an indoor distance over the winter.

Maverick223
March 26, 2010, 12:38 PM
...bring on the 25 or 50 yard contests for next month.Forthcoming.

rmcelwee
March 26, 2010, 05:02 PM
Finally made it out to the range today. I enjoyed shooting at the new targets. I had a hard time adding the scores up in my head before I figured out it was easier to use 284 as a perfect score and then just subtract what we didn't hit. My best was hitting 12 of 15 targets and Geoff's best was hitting 13 of 15 targets. I kept missing the 16 pointer for some reason??? We each tried about 4-5 times. Oh, ammo was the cheap Winchester 375 bulk hollow point from Walmart (bought 16 boxes of the stuff when I was on vacation in West Virginia a few days ago). Strange ammo with wax all over the lead and case. Very messy but it shot great in my rifle. I would have bought every box if I had known that we were not going to have a single misfire/misfeed today.

Robert McElwee - Unlimited/Magnified
Ruger 10/22 with scope and bipod
3/26/10 - 50 feet - 218 points

Geoff Conine - Unlimited/Magnified
Ruger 10/22 with scope and bipod
3/26/10 - 50 feet - 230 points

Maverick223
March 26, 2010, 05:08 PM
Great shooting guys!

rmcelwee
March 26, 2010, 05:15 PM
Since no one (well, very few people) are putting their class on the target/message I am having a hard time seeing how my score is stacking up against the others. Could the first message in this thread be edited so it can keep a running count of everyone's scores? I think that there are two people who got a perfect score but I am getting confused. Just a suggestion...

rmcelwee
March 26, 2010, 05:23 PM
I found this picture on the website listed on the bottom of the magnified target. I don't know what it is but I like it:

http://www.ssknovelesy.php5.cz/fotky/2010/gabina.jpg

Maverick223
March 26, 2010, 05:24 PM
Could the first message in this thread be edited so it can keep a running count of everyone's scores?Actually it cannot (edit period has passed), but I plan to update with a scoreboard this weekend, time permitting. My apologies for being so slow, I am looking into a new job and moving so the later part of this month has been a bit hectic.

mickeydim468
March 26, 2010, 05:25 PM
RMCELWEE:Yeah that gun is nice too! :D :D :D

Mike

BTW Maverick. I need some help. Can you take a look at my refinishing thread and possibly help me? Anyone else too!

Thanks guys!

Maverick223
March 26, 2010, 05:27 PM
I don't know what it is but I like it:Looks like an Olympic class target air-rifle to me. I like it too, but I couldn't care less about the rifle. http://forums.nitroexpress.com/images/graemlins/smilies/general/mwink.gif

BTW Maverick. I need some help. Can you take a look at my refinishing thread and possibly help me? Anyone else too!Don't know how much help I'll be, but I will give it a look.

mickeydim468
March 26, 2010, 05:29 PM
Don't know how much help I'll be, but I will give it a look.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

:D

52grain
March 26, 2010, 09:11 PM
Update on the scope issue, I took the scope to Sportsman's Warehouse, they agreed that something wasn't right with the scope and gave me store credit for the original purchase amount. I wanted either 3-9x or 4-12x, an adjustable objective, and finger adjustable turrets. They had a Weaver 4-12x44 from the 40/44 line that fit the bill. The 44mm objective looks a little funny on the rimfire.

I don't think that the scope was the reason for the off day, but I've got to get to the range to try the new piece of equipment out. :D I'll try to make it by the end of the week, but it's supposed to be rainy this weekend and I don't know what my schedule will be next week.

baldeagle93
April 1, 2010, 03:52 PM
Can't believe I let this one slip away from me! Oh well, guess I'll have to try the next one.

Maverick223
April 1, 2010, 04:01 PM
Can't believe I let this one slip away from me! Oh well, guess I'll have to try the next one.Speaking of which, the new match (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=515069) is up and running. Also, I will have the scoreboard posted as soon as I receive it (had a buddy make it).

rmcelwee
April 1, 2010, 05:12 PM
Oh, I forgot this was a new month! We went to the range today and did absolutely horrible with the March target. Got disgusted and pulled out the Walther P22 and shot even worse with it. Packed it in and went to Chick-Fill-a for some lunch.

Hey, why is it that we can shoot like gods one day and then can't hit the target the next? Any tricks on getting your mojo back after you lost it?

Maverick223
April 1, 2010, 05:28 PM
Hey, why is it that we can shoot like gods one day and then can't hit the target the next? Any tricks on getting your mojo back after you lost it?Easy, all you have to do is shoot all day, every day. I have a sneaky suspicion that I will run out of money before I get tired of shooting...I am now taking donations to test the theory. :p

juk
April 1, 2010, 11:08 PM
It's ok, I have been spending my range time plinking the 4" steel swingers at 50 yards with my 22...standing and unsupported. I shot paper for the first time in months, and found out I made all of those hits with the rifle shooting high and right. I doubt I can even shoot it with the sights actually lined up right.

Maverick223
April 1, 2010, 11:22 PM
Well a buddy was supposed to send me a scoreboard today..but...it never came so here are the results:

MAGNIFIED DIVISION:
>Target Class: 1st- Tie between purchawk and dubbleA with a perfect score! (284)

>Sporting Class: 1st- Geoff Conine (230)
______________2nd- rmcelwee (218)
______________3rd- griz
______________Honorable Mentions: Heavenlyfire (167), klineia (128), BluEyes (89), & Sneed82 (64)

NON-MAGNIFIED DIVISION:
>Target Class: 1st- klinea (130)

>Sporting Class: 1st- Heavenlyfire (50)

Great shooting guys, thank you all for joining in!

If you enjoyed reading about "March Rimfire Match:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!