What model Crimson Trace?

PDA

mugsie
March 2, 2010, 08:50 PM
I have a S&W 642 that I'd like to put a CT on - what model / style do you recommend?

If you enjoyed reading about "What model Crimson Trace?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DAdams
March 2, 2010, 10:17 PM
405s for pocket carry. 305s for deep pockets or IWB or OWB or a nightstand since they allow for a full grip. That's the short answer.

If you check out the CT Website you will see there are lesser expensive items of which I have no experience.

I have a 642-2 and a M&P 340 both have 405s. Since my 642 now occupies nightstand status I would rather they be 305s, but I originally bought them for the pocket.

madwell
March 3, 2010, 12:08 AM
I have the 305's and for me they are to big for pocket carry. i am going to purchase a regular boot grip for carry purposes. they do allow for a nice full handed grip for the range though.

41magsnub
March 3, 2010, 12:19 AM
I like the 405 on my j frame for daily pocket carry.

If you enjoyed reading about "What model Crimson Trace?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!