Bullet Run-Out Explanation

PDA

chagasrod
March 2, 2010, 09:42 PM
I am a newbie and i try to read a lot about stuff i don't know before messing with it.
I have seen the term "Bullet Run-Out" and i have a little understanding about it.
Could any of you try and explain that term/condition to me?

Thanks again in advance to all of you. Always great people here!

If you enjoyed reading about "Bullet Run-Out Explanation" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
7.62 Nato
March 2, 2010, 09:58 PM
In an oversimplified explanation the way I understand it. If you roll a loaded cartridge on a flat surface and watch the tip of the bullet, it will wobble with runout. Like I said that is very simplified. Actual measurement is done much more precise.

esheato
March 3, 2010, 05:29 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=375411

Not much that hasn't been asked already....search is your friend.

Welcome!

ranger335v
March 3, 2010, 09:14 PM
" have seen the term "Bullet Run-Out" and i have a little understanding about it.
"

Basically, it means the bullet is sitting cross-eyed to some amount. If you can actually see it while rolling a cartridge, it's massive.

twofifty
March 3, 2010, 09:19 PM
Someone on this forum suggested rolling the round on a mirror, which helps the eye more easily detect wobble.
I tried the idea and like it very much.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bullet Run-Out Explanation" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!