1911 U.S. Grips

PDA

Skillet
March 3, 2010, 12:49 AM
So I was looking at some springer 1911's, and I saw some amazing grips. grips with a U.S. engraved on the side of them.

take a look-

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=1

Can I get these aftermarket anywhere?

and does anybody have these grips on this site or... if you are up to some sort of a challenge, Could you make something like these grips?

They are soo cool.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 U.S. Grips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MICHAEL T
March 3, 2010, 01:43 AM
order from Springfield direct. my self I wouldn't shame my pistol with them. I think their tacky No real USGI I know of ever came with them . Of course I am old and set in my way.

batex
March 3, 2010, 07:28 AM
I would think a set would show up on ebay or gungroker since SA has been using them on that line of guns for at least a couple of years. I kind of like them as well, but also see how others think they're a little tacky...no real USGI 1911 ever came with them to my knowledge.

lilidiot
March 3, 2010, 08:52 AM
Those grips are available from Springfield.

AK103K
March 3, 2010, 09:34 AM
Check Ebay. I've sold a couple of sets of them there myself, and only got $10 or so each for them.

Oro
March 3, 2010, 06:01 PM
I kind of like them as well, but also see how others think they're a little tacky

I have to admit I was on the fence about them; semi "cool" vs glaringly over-the-top. Plus there's the idea of putting a big "US" label on a gun that says "made in Brazil." I don't have a problem with foreign made per se, but sticking a big billboard on it that says "U.S."?

I bought a pair, and what decided it for me was the extremely poor quality. The wood was soft, the cuts were not clean and they had lots of thin splinters left in the diamonds from poor tooling. The front side had one uneven coat of finish and the rear none at all. Overall, the quality was totally unacceptable.

OTOH, I've seen others that were OK. So you takes 'yer chances with them.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 U.S. Grips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!