Butler Creek Stock for Mauser 98

PDA

jimmyraythomason
March 3, 2010, 09:34 AM
I ordered this stock <http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ma98laristac.html> yesterday for my Colombian Mauser sporter that I'm building. I have had good experiences with Butler Creek stocks in the past but they definitely cost more than the $39.99 that CDNN has them for. It is moot really since I have already ordered one but I would like to know if anybody else has this particular stock.

If you enjoyed reading about "Butler Creek Stock for Mauser 98" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jimmyraythomason
March 6, 2010, 08:10 AM
I received the stock on Friday. I am impressed. The fit is almost hand and glove(just have to open the barrel channel a little). The balance and feel is superior to a Rhinehart-Fajen that I have and smokes a Choate costing more than twice as much. I have decided to put my .257 Roberts in it instead of my Colombian. For 39.99+9.99 shipping it is a deal worth getting. IMO,YMMV.

jimmyraythomason
March 6, 2010, 08:12 AM
BTW,kudo to CDNN. I ordered on Tuesday received on Friday. Fast enough for me!

dirtyjim
March 6, 2010, 09:24 AM
good deal. i've always prefered wood myself but it might not be a bad idea to buy a couple of them to use as mule stocks for project rifles. i prefer to test fire and set up the sights in a mule stock

jimmyraythomason
March 9, 2010, 05:39 PM
I'm happy with it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Butler Creek Stock for Mauser 98" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!