AK Upper Handguards

PDA

Ohio Gun Guy
March 3, 2010, 01:07 PM
There are several places that sell cheep $13-$15 "Take Off" replacement stock sets for the AK. (Centerfire Systems is one)

Why don't they include the upper hand guard?

Are they able to replace the other pieces and not the upper hand guard when they do 922r compliance?

Where are the upper hand guards; Any one know of a source? (low cost!)

I wouldn't mide picking up a set and re-finnishing it, try some things I may not with out it being a spare.....

If you enjoyed reading about "AK Upper Handguards" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
desidog
March 3, 2010, 01:36 PM
Perhaps the uppers are harder to remove from the gas tube and break more often in the demilling process.

I got a wooden upper hg from numrich a month ago for under five bucks. There are bakelite options around, but won't match anything else on your gun unless you buy a whole set...i'm not a fan of the look or the feel of them.

Also, although it may be deemed uncouth by some purists here, there are some nice wooden AKM handguard sets around....marketed for airsoft guns...google it up.

good luck.

Hizzie
March 3, 2010, 01:37 PM
APEX https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_79/products_id/1208

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_89/products_id/456

Ohio Gun Guy
March 3, 2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks!

wally
March 4, 2010, 10:36 AM
Perhaps the uppers are harder to remove from the gas tube and break more often

I've not done that many, but the three wood uppers I replaced all broke during removal.

--wally.

Hizzie
March 4, 2010, 05:00 PM
I've not done that many, but the three wood uppers I replaced all broke during removal.

--wally.
Whoa! Ease up on the grip training.

I've never had a problem. Just take your time.

If you enjoyed reading about "AK Upper Handguards" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!