Glock and the new serrations.

PDA

stchman
March 3, 2010, 06:35 PM
I was doing a little reading and the new curved serrations of the Glocks seems to have caused a huge controversy with the Glock crowd.

I mean they are actually saying that the new serrations detract from the looks of a Glock. Now I am not a Glock basher on looks. Glock do look plain and they all pretty much look alike.

I just cannot believe Glock fans are actually commenting on beauty of the gun with or without the new serrations!!!! I never knew Glock and beauty went together in the same sentence.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock and the new serrations." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kingofthehill
March 3, 2010, 06:40 PM
um... didn't they already ditch the fish gills?

The new Gen4 don't have them.

JOe

stchman
March 3, 2010, 06:42 PM
I think they are going to not make anymore and when the fish gills run out they are done.

The Lone Haranguer
March 3, 2010, 06:48 PM
Actually, I've always thought the medium-frame Glocks (19, 23, 32) to be attractive. :) Not "pretty," but well proportioned, businesslike and functional. And I do not like the appearance of the "fish gill" serrations either, although the new textured frame might grow on me. They remind me of the old Spanish "Ruby" pistols.

http://trueslant.com/nathandeuel/files/2009/11/300px-Ruby_M1914_1626.jpg

wyocarp
March 3, 2010, 06:56 PM
The real problem with the curved serrations on the Glock in my opinion is that they curved them the wrong way unlike the "Ruby" above.

It is amazing that a company can put out items like the Glock with those curved serrations.

Full Metal Jacket
March 3, 2010, 06:56 PM
sold my gen3 rtf for this gen3 rtf2. i like the grip texture and slide serrations better. they're both grippier. the new rtf2's come with straight serrations though. my local already has them in stock.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab104/champop1911/Pic4145017.jpg

Quiet
March 3, 2010, 07:25 PM
The "fish gill" serrations on the slides of the RTF2 Glocks are no longer used on current production RTF2 Glocks.

So, if you purchase a newer RTF2 Glock, it will come not have the "fish gill" serrations on the slide. Only the early runs of Glock 22RTF2, 17RTF2, 23RTF2 and 19RTF2 have the "fish gill" serrations.

Full Metal Jacket
March 3, 2010, 07:27 PM
The "fish gill" serrations on the slides of the RTF2 Glocks are no longer used on current production RTF2 Glocks.

So, if you purchase a newer RTF2 Glock, it will come not have the "fish gill" serrations on the slide.

incorrect.

the "fish gill" serrations are still available brand new most everywhere. they haven't been fazed out quite yet. i just came from my local gunshop who has a buttload in stock.

Starcheck55
March 3, 2010, 10:38 PM
The "fish gill" serrations are actually ports that allows gasses to escape more uniformly from the pistol when it KBs.

lions
March 3, 2010, 10:54 PM
I have a 17RTF2 and don't mind the serrations. I have no problems grasping the slide so I don't care if the gun looks like it belongs to Aquaman. The frame texture is really nice though, I get a very secure grip every time and that pistol isn't going anywhere.

John Wayne
March 3, 2010, 11:34 PM
I hated the fish gill serrations when I handled a G22 RTF. The straight serrations look and feel much better, IMO. My preference is slanted or arrow style straight serrations, or fish scale serrations, but straight vertical ones work ok too.

I really like the RTF though. It gives a very good grip without being overly aggressive...wish my XDM had that texture. Is the RTF standard on all Gen 4 Glocks, or is it an option? My only concern with it is IWB carry without an undershirt or holster with slideguard.

Full Metal Jacket
March 3, 2010, 11:40 PM
RTF3 is the grip texture on GEN4's. it's less grippy than RTF2's.

REAPER4206969
March 3, 2010, 11:41 PM
RTF is the standard GEN2/3. RTF2 is what is being discussed here, and RTF3 is what the GEN4 has, as well as some prototype/foreign contract GEN3's have.

REAPER4206969
March 3, 2010, 11:42 PM
Damn you FMJ! I've been beaten.

Full Metal Jacket
March 3, 2010, 11:55 PM
muwaaahhahaha! :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock and the new serrations." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!