Carry 9mm - coming soon??

PDA

tomwalshco
March 4, 2010, 07:36 AM
Wonder if any of you guys have heard scuttlebutt on what might be in store for the public in smallish 9mm carry pistols?

I've heard the chatter from people in gun shops and the like how there will be a new wave of 9mm & .380 carry guns hitting the market soon. As with a lot of this chatter, some truth and a lot of hearsay and BS.

Come summer my daily outfit will be shorts and a t-shirt and of course a lot of sweat. Have a Kel-Tec P3AT which is a great pocket gun and has been 100% reliable for me. Just curious as to what might be on the horizon.

Am very familiar with what's out there now. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Carry 9mm - coming soon??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Comanche180
March 4, 2010, 07:44 AM
You haven't heard of Kahr?

tomwalshco
March 4, 2010, 07:45 AM
I've got 2.

Autolycus
March 4, 2010, 08:30 AM
Well what have you heard about that is coming out? What manufacturers? What model numbers? Any specs of these new pistols? It is hard to say as nobody really knows but perhaps you could share what you were told.

earlthegoat2
March 4, 2010, 08:54 AM
like how there will be a new wave of 9mm & .380 carry guns hitting the market soon.

I think there are plenty of 380s out already and I dont see a need for anymore since all teh price points have been met with them. Kahr and Kel-Tec make the 9mms and Taurus with the 709 is close in size.

I guess I dont see the excitement in more of the same.

Although I do look forward to Jeff Quinn expressing his undying love for all of them.

Mad Magyar
March 4, 2010, 08:55 AM
Downsizing most calibers increases the probability of failure due to spec tolerances not being precise enough. Smaller parts, less slide travel, all make for a recipe that must be in harmony. When you add variables in ammo and the user's shooting habits; it all adds up.
Small makes for great carry, but one must consider certain trade-offs. My opinion, of course...:)

dogtown tom
March 4, 2010, 09:24 AM
tomwalshco: Wonder if any of you guys have heard scuttlebutt on what might be in store for the public in smallish 9mm carry pistols?

I've heard the chatter from people in gun shops and the like how there will be a new wave of 9mm & .380 carry guns hitting the market soon. As with a lot of this chatter, some truth and a lot of hearsay and BS....

It's rare for a manufacturer to keep new guns a complete secret. Heck, most "new" guns are shown at the SHOT Show months (and in many cases YEARS ) before they have the bugs worked out and can actually begin filling orders.

Go buy any gun mag/rag at WalMart and you'll see all the new guns.

Mayo
March 4, 2010, 09:30 AM
Isn't Diamondback coming out with a 9mm? Anything on the Boberg?

Cigarhead
March 4, 2010, 09:30 AM
I am just being honest, I ordered one, it came in, I went to get it, adn refused it.

The finish was slopy at best, it was heavier than my carry CCO dan (not bob) and it has more barrel.

The stamping of the numebers were not neat, all over the place, not in a nice line. Not a severely picky person, but even the Carry 9 stamping was heavy at bottom and almost disapeared up top. It looked like a poorly made toy that was to heavy to carry.

I have owned some good ones, and I was excited about this one with the LDA trigger, unfortunately the safety I would need to carry it, was mushy, had ZERO snap, no click, not feeling of a snap or click. Just like mashed potatoes and a fork. Nothing but mush.

So I am only offering you info I have on what I send back (refused)

peace

nonseven
March 4, 2010, 02:29 PM
I still haven't found anything to compete with my Rohrbaugh. 9mm, 12 ounces, smaller than a J-Frame, it spoils me on carrying anything else.

DAdams
March 4, 2010, 02:53 PM
Rohrbaugh 9 is the top of the pops in a pocket 9mm.
Kahr PM9 or .40 same size.
Walther PPS in 9 or .40 same size.

.380 market is flooded/glutted.

Still can't beat a Seecamp .380.

Boberg = Vaporware. :banghead::banghead: maybe someday. :uhoh::rolleyes:

See Mouseguns Sticky.

See Also last month NRA American Rifleman Article on .380s.

tomwalshco
March 4, 2010, 03:06 PM
I'm convinced every major gun player has got some carry guns in R & D right now. And probably some we've never heard of, yet. They're like car companies. They need to grow sales with new models and I doubt many of them are spending much time on big, fat, heavy, 18 round 9mms.

If the political climate changes, and it looks like it will, then gun restrictions will lessen, which will create another uptick for gun sales. And I highly doubt the growth will be in .44 mag revolvers...

But I hear the same jive everyone else does and it goes like this -

"Sure would be nice if Glock made a single stack 9 I could put it my pocket" pass it on...

"Hey I heard Glock's working on some pocket 9s" pass it on...

"This summer they'll be 3 new pocket Glocks in .380, 9mm and .40 coming out" pass it on...

"When will you guys be stocking the new pocket Glock?" Huh??

I was just hoping someone really "in the know" might be lurking around and toss out a piece of wisdom.

ClickClickD'oh
March 4, 2010, 03:11 PM
I'll just stick with my 2075 thank you very much.

lanternlad1
March 5, 2010, 02:09 AM
Pick up a Zastava M88. Single stack 9mm based on Tokarev/Colt 1903 design. All steel, $250. Same basic dimensions as a Bersa Thunder or Makarov.

Here's a review:
http://averagejoeshandgunreviews.blogspot.com/2008/06/eaa-zastava-m88-9mm-pistol-european.html

Ragnar Danneskjold
March 5, 2010, 02:47 AM
I for one would love something like a Kahr, though not for the 700-800$ they sell for.

KONY
March 5, 2010, 07:21 AM
Bersa is releasing a single-stack 9mm that will compete with the Kahr CW9.

dogtown tom
March 5, 2010, 08:05 AM
Ragnar Danneskjold I for one would love something like a Kahr, though not for the 700-800$ they sell for.

You need to look somewhere different. While the Kahr MSRP is high, the dealer cost is not.

GunBroker has dozens of new in box Kahrs for less than $500.
The Kahr CW9 is listed at $429.99 "buy it now" by a couple of sellers.

RUT
March 5, 2010, 08:52 AM
>>Rohrbaugh 9 is the top of the pops in a pocket 9mm.<<

And it's tops in the "pocketbook" departmant as well. ;)

bdb benzino
March 5, 2010, 12:10 PM
I have a CW9 & 45 and they are amazing pistols for the $$ and sweet for CC!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Carry 9mm - coming soon??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!