Too deep?

PDA

Straight Shooter
March 4, 2010, 05:29 PM
This isn't specifically a reloading question but I figure if you hang out in this forum you probably know the answer to this...

I purchased a case of CCI Blazer (aluminum) .45. I just got home and found it on my front step. I immediately noticed that the corner of the case is banged-up, looks like its been dropped. Upon further inspection 3 of the boxes of ammo are banged up. One, the one sitting in the corner of the case where it was dropped, is banged up pretty good.

The bullet in 2 of the cartridges have been pushed in. One about 1.5mm the other about 1mm.

Should I be concerned about shooting these 2 rounds?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Too deep?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
March 4, 2010, 05:53 PM
Hmmmm?
Lessee? :confused:

1mm = ?????????
Ahhhhhh?
O.K., 1mm = .0395"
So, 1.5mm = .059".
1/16" = .0625"
So, more then 1/32", but less 1/16" inch.

Shoot them.
Or not.
It's only two rounds.

rc

RainDodger
March 4, 2010, 06:09 PM
Not sure. Perhaps send them back to CCI and have them evaluated. If they're good to go, they can package them up and mail them back to you for your next range trip.

Kidding of course. Who really cares? It's 2 rounds.

chagasrod
March 4, 2010, 06:54 PM
I Would pull the bullets out and reseat them.

ranger335v
March 4, 2010, 07:07 PM
I'd just shoot the suckers, it really won't blow the slide off your handgun.

bobelk99
March 4, 2010, 09:15 PM
Shootem. I've done much worse.

medalguy
March 4, 2010, 11:54 PM
I agree, sometimes my own loads will vary a bit due to the slight difference in bullet ogives. Granted the 45 is not a really high pressure round so it should be fine.

If you enjoyed reading about "Too deep?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!