1911 Conversion

PDA

bugmania
March 4, 2010, 06:38 PM
I have a 1953 Colt Government that I love to shoot, but .45 can be expensive. Are there .22 conversions that will fit it? If so, which one is best?

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 Conversion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mljdeckard
March 4, 2010, 06:46 PM
The best is the Marvel, they are pricey.

I use a Ciener, and what I have found is, all .22 kits take some break-in, and they prefer hot ammo. (Although after thousands of rounds through mine, I can shoot a lot more of the cheaper ammo between jams.) I also have three 15 rd magazines for it.

I am to the point that I am ready to build a dedicated frame for it, and I'll try some lighter mainsprings to see if it cycles easier.

EddieNFL
March 4, 2010, 07:35 PM
I have a Marvel Unit II. The only problem I've experienced is I have to use a lighter spring in cold weather. It works great with the cheapest ammo I can find; Remington Thunderbolt. Marvel tests with the same. Some have posted lead fouling problems with this ammo, but I've had no trouble at all. Maybe Marvel laps the barrels.

It works with the less expensive, and all metal Ciener mags.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 Conversion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!