flashhole

PDA

fubar
March 4, 2010, 08:56 PM
Hello all
I was reloading some winchester 45 acp cases, and found some with larger holes than others. Can anyone tell me the reason for the larger flash holes?
I have only found this in the Winchester brass. Just wondering if I should load it or not. All the flasholes that are large measure the same diameter.
Thanks
Fubar

If you enjoyed reading about "flashhole" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ol` Joe
March 4, 2010, 11:56 PM
It was a "Win Clean" load that is sold for indoor shooting. The factory uses a "heavy metal free" priming compound that needs a slightly larger hole to help with consistant ignition. They are reloadable.
Lots of posts on them here if you run a search.

fubar
March 5, 2010, 12:19 AM
You cleared up those questions. I'm running a search now!!!!!!!! It is only 11:30 PM here, so i'll be reloading in a few minutes.
Again thanks for all the help. Its people like you that make this forum the best around
Thanks
Fubar

ReloaderFred
March 5, 2010, 01:05 AM
You'll also find large flash holes in Speer and Federal .45 acp brass. It's fully reloadable.

Hope this helps.

Fred

If you enjoyed reading about "flashhole" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!