Tips for cleaning Airlite 360SC

PDA

joe_security
March 6, 2010, 09:35 AM
I need some tips for getting rid of the black fouling around the forcing cone (frame area).
I know the clear coat is easily scratched off so I want to go easy. :uhoh: Also the black rings on the face of the cylinder. This one does have the titanium cylinder and Im leary of anything turning it white. I have been told that S&W advises not to use a bronze brush on these cylinders, and to use only CLP ? for cleaning these revolvers. I want to be very careful. Thanks !

If you enjoyed reading about "Tips for cleaning Airlite 360SC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wild cat mccane
March 6, 2010, 10:34 AM
Pencil eraser.

Steve_NEPhila
March 6, 2010, 11:27 AM
I use Hoppes number 9 and a regular toothbrush. I do not try to get my sparkling clean, yet I remove the majority of the deposits quite easily. Brush on the solvent and let it sit for 30 minutes. I have not seen the titanium cylinder turn white with the procedure I have used (Hoppes #9 and CLP only).

The real danger is the front face of the cylinder, do not scrub it with an abrasive. I find that by wiping off the solvent with a cloth 30 minutes after brushing it on removes the majority of the crud.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tips for cleaning Airlite 360SC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!