To any imi/action arms galil owners

PDA

goldie
March 6, 2010, 02:25 PM
If you had to get it again, would you pay 2700.00 for it?referring to the ar version in 223...

If you enjoyed reading about "To any imi/action arms galil owners" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
russ69
March 6, 2010, 02:57 PM
I wouldn't, that's a lot of cash for just an average rifle. I see people are asking big money for these but I think the prices could change pretty quickly if importation rules change for the better. For me the price seems high for the type of rifle it is, I'm not likely to pay collector value, I'm more into shooting and how good a shooter it is.

Thanx, Russ

HorseSoldier
March 7, 2010, 12:54 AM
Nothing about the Galil warrants that kind of price tag, except for the artificial scarcity. For a working rifle, you can get a lot better for the same price tag.

rogertc1
March 7, 2010, 01:39 AM
I am perfectly happy with my CAI Golani version. $650
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/productimages/long_guns/RIFLE-GALIL-D.jpg

Moose458
March 7, 2010, 10:41 AM
I have 2 IMI Galils, and I think they are the best .223 AKs or ARs for that matter, on the market. People balk at the current price of them, but think nothing of paying that much or more for a fancy AR15 or a SCAR or Sig 556. It all depends on what is important to you and if YOU think it is worth it.

hank327
March 7, 2010, 12:21 PM
I have an original IMI Galil ARM in 5.56 that I bought back in the 80s. It's a great rifle but I would not pay $2700.00 for it now. My opinion is base on the rifle as a working, shooting firearm. The current collectors' item price that Galils are going for is not justified when it's viewed in that light. The $2700.00 price is solely a result of there being a finite quantity of IMI Galils available and nothing more. Just like when during the AWB days when Glock hi-capacity magazines were selling for over $100.00 each, if IMI Galils were to be importable again, the price would drastically drop.

If you enjoyed reading about "To any imi/action arms galil owners" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!