LCP Range report

PDA

ejfalvo
March 6, 2010, 05:15 PM
I know there has been a number of reports from the range efforts of a number of members - but here's another. I've had the LCP for over a year now and had only put ~25 rounds of Win white box thru it. I had it loaded with Speer Gold Dots (and had never fired a round of the Speer through the firearm - I know, HUGE mistake). Finally had a chance to go to the range and put about 125 of ammo (95 g) thru the LCP - all flawless (with 1 FFE, the ammo was cheap ammo sold by the range) which I was pleased with. I then fired 18 rounds of the Speer with no problem. I now have the confidence that the Speer will run thru the LCP.

I shot at ~7 yards, Weaver stance. First string was centered but low. Subsequent strings were within the 8-10 ring except for those where I flinched (the recoil is tough). The Speer (90 g) were more on target even thought I had already put 125 rounds thru the firearm.

And for those wondering, my hand and wrist hurt like hell the next day.

For me the LCP is the right CCW - I wear a suit during the week and jeans on the weekend. While I would prefer a larger caliber - I am confident the LCP can provide the support I hope I never need.

If you enjoyed reading about "LCP Range report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CPshooter
March 6, 2010, 05:23 PM
I've had mine for about a year now. Never a FTF, FTE, or anything. Mine was one of the first production guns that were recalled by Ruger. It hasn't given me any trouble before or after the "recall upgrades." I love mine.

The only thing I'm not happy about is that mine came with the raw finish barrel, and it has quite a bit of surface rust on it. Ruger eventually started shipping the pistols with a black finish on the barrels. I guess I bought mine too early. I've been too lazy to call Ruger and see if they will do anything about it.

ejfalvo
March 6, 2010, 05:32 PM
I"m confident it was the cheap ammo When i ran the Win, there was no FFE, same with the Speer no problems either.

If you enjoyed reading about "LCP Range report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!