All you gun owners.. THX

PDA

trigun87
March 6, 2010, 11:49 PM
I would like to say thank you. I would like to share my experience at the range today. I brought my g26, LCP,double nine, and Pa-63. In attempt to sharpen my girlfriend's skill prior to getting CCW.

Well, to the point; there was a couple next to us shooting a KHAR .45 and a G22. They offered advice and good technique ideas for me and my girl and I did the same. They shot my guns we shot theirs. This is not the first time I experienced this and I pray it will not be the last. I am happy to be a part of community of people that seek to help one another advance in this hobby/self defense. I was posting this experience to see how many others are so lucky to experience such camaraderie?

If you enjoyed reading about "All you gun owners.. THX" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
notbubba
March 7, 2010, 06:44 AM
That is the usual at the range I go to, Famly Shooter's Coral in Eaton Rapids.

The people help (or just BS) with each other.
Many, many people have shot my guns and very many have offered to let me shoot theirs.

mcdonl
March 7, 2010, 07:26 AM
That's awesome. Glad you had a good time. It is cool when a common hobby brings people together.

jaholder1971
March 7, 2010, 08:23 AM
Group Hug, Y'all...

Starship1st
March 7, 2010, 08:52 AM
That is what you call a great time at the range. :cool:

Ohio Gun Guy
March 7, 2010, 09:30 AM
My best range story.....

I was walking in with my new CZ75B. It was beteween that and a 1911 pattern pistol (Forget the exact make, model, etc.). Right beside me is a guy with the same 1911 that I almost bought....he had just bought it, and said it was between that and a CZ also. He was the first one to say something, but asked if I wanted trade for a few rounds..... We did, was fun!:D

The Lone Haranguer
March 7, 2010, 09:37 AM
While we did not shoot each other's guns, I've both received and been given compliments and advice on the range.

Uncle Billy
March 7, 2010, 10:21 AM
I've often shared my BP flintlocks with someone who's interested at the outdoor range, and that's accorded me an opportunity to shoot a few rounds out of a bunch of different guns which I wouldn't have the opportunity to shoot otherwise.

Black Knight
March 7, 2010, 12:48 PM
Many years ago (when I was in High School) the father of a friend took me and several others to the local gun club (Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club). I am now a member there. While there a guy came in with a Colt 1911 in 45 ACP. He let us try it and I was hooked. I have my own 1911 in 45 ACP now. The guy and I have been friends for many years now. You can strike up lasting friendships at the range. Pass on the comradery. These forums are the same, we learn something new from another member while hopefully passing on what we know to someone else who needs or wants it.

armoredman
March 7, 2010, 01:28 PM
No one is at the range when I go...

rfwobbly
March 7, 2010, 03:52 PM
No one is at the range when I go...

Should have told us you already used up all that deodorant we gave you for Christmas.

:neener:

oldfool
March 7, 2010, 04:26 PM
a big thumbs up on that OP !

we too oft forget (amidst all our complaints about the few bad actors we only very rarely run into at the range) about the customary courtesy and friendliness that is such a big part of what keeps the community together

beautiful range day in south georgia today
ran into my best buddy (son in law) with the one of (4) grandsons I see only rarely.. and got to introduce grandson to S&W k-frame revolvers (22, 22WMR, 38/357)... what's not to :):):) about that !

SIL running a Buckmark 22 and a Ruger 45 acp
another nice young fella running an AK, an SKS and some centerfire pistola
me just doing my old guy thing with revolvers

armoredman
March 7, 2010, 09:07 PM
rfwobbly, is it my fault I love ranch style beans for breakfast? :)

Just One Shot
March 8, 2010, 09:17 AM
Kumbayaa........ :D

Shung
March 8, 2010, 10:40 AM
I always ask people at the range (the one who seem curious/interested at least), if they wan't to try my guns.. i have kind of "exotic" guns compared to the average Swiss shooter (who rarely owns anything except a SiG or 2...), so they always like to !

by doing so, you DE-DEMONIZE certain type of guns..

Legionnaire
March 8, 2010, 11:24 AM
To the OP: You're welcome! And good on ya for helping your girlfriend shoot better. While there are exceptions, the shooting community seems to be well populated by good, friendly people. It's rare that I go to the range and not have a friendly and informative conversation with someone else there.

Two of my most memorable range experiences:

Many years ago, I was at my club in CNY with my then 11-year old son. The local police SWAT unit was on the range, too. About 30 minutes into our session, one of the officers came over and asked if my son would like to try out his rifle (a .308 700P). My son promptly put three rounds inside an inch at 100 yards, impressing the officer and me! Son was slight then, and only wearing a t-shirt, so didn't want to shoot any more. But he made me proud. And I was grateful to the officer who initiated the exchange.

Same club some months later, I was on the outdoor pistol range shooting a scoped Super Redhawk. Another shooter arrived and started shooting a 1911 that he produced from a concealed holster. That got my attention, since unrestricted carry permits aren't easy to get in NY state. We got to talking. He had never shot a revolver, and I had never shot a 1911, so we exchanged firearms and each put a couple dozen rounds down range. So I asked him what he did for a living and he said ... "I work for the Post Office!" :scrutiny:

Lots more memories I could share. But go make your own!

Maj.Striker
March 8, 2010, 03:32 PM
While we did not shoot each other's guns, I've both received and been given compliments and advice on the range.

How is that different from receiving?

If you enjoyed reading about "All you gun owners.. THX" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!