Taurususa web site

PDA

rha600
March 7, 2010, 01:02 PM
Is anyone else having problems with their web site?

I'm trying to look at info on their .17HMR tracker but man, if they can't even keep their website up maybe I should do what everyone else says and stay away from them? HAHA

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurususa web site" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
weregunner
March 7, 2010, 08:11 PM
Taurus updates at certain times of the day and can cause the problem.

That and there may be other causes. The site is not down so much. Just that checking it more often is necessary.

Yes, it is a hassle to deal with.

Others and I have had the same problem and wish the answers would be found and the system fixed.

Taurus does have a toll free service number. Service number at 1-800-327-3776.
A diplomatic and polite call to them might let them know of the trouble.

Setzer77
March 7, 2010, 08:16 PM
Site is up.

Despite Taurus bashing that seems to be rampant everywhere, I had a 85UL that was a superb piece. Granted, I didn't have it very long, so who knows what would have happened.

Be sure to check out their new for 2010 section, they have some.....unique items coming up.

Nicodemus38
March 7, 2010, 08:36 PM
the problem with the website is that they are just like everyone else. if more people look at it, it takes up more bandwidth and when that limit is hit, the whole site slows down and can crash.

learned that years ago when dealing with budget webhosting systems like lycos.

also they update there site a lot more in the last year. they actually take outdated data and products that are out of production from the site. they ahve come along ways with it.
the main problem is that the heavy dependence upon FLASH and that animated crap really kills the enjoyment and use of it on most connections. that creates lots of errors as the data is programed to automatically refresh every 3 seconds even though it takes 5 minutes to load.

rha600
March 7, 2010, 08:55 PM
cool, I'll check out the new 2010 models.

I've been trying to get on there for 3 days now and at all different times of the day so I was thinking maybe they were having issues.

I really have no problem buying a taurus. i've had issues with S&W so just because it costs more doesn't make it better.

which come to think of it, S&W tends to have web site problems all the time as well. HAHA.

MCgunner
March 8, 2010, 09:22 AM
I got on yesterday just fine. I think it varies with traffic.

Despite Taurus bashing that seems to be rampant everywhere, I had a 85UL that was a superb piece. Granted, I didn't have it very long, so who knows what would have happened.

Well, if it were anything like mine, after 14 years and some thousands of rounds, it'd still be shootin'. Mine, along with my 3" M66 of late 80s vintage, are two of my primary carries.

joeq
March 8, 2010, 10:52 PM
I can't speak for everyone but i have a Taurus 24/7 in 40S&W and really like it. I have well over 1000 rounds through it without any FTF's. It digests every type of ammo I have thrown at it. It is also accurate if i do my part.

bannockburn
March 9, 2010, 11:04 AM
I was just on their website a couple of hours ago; no problems whatsoever. Especially interested in their latest offerings; they definitely have some neat products coming to the marketplace.

AirForceShooter
March 9, 2010, 11:44 AM
The Taurus website is incredibly bad.
I like their guns, I've owned 6.

And for a long time no E-Mail.

AFS

bluetopper
March 9, 2010, 12:40 PM
Isn't there a centerfire .17 caliber a person can reload for?

I don't want another caliber I can't reload.

rha600
March 9, 2010, 02:13 PM
.17 remington is a centerfire cartridge. Is that what you're thinking of? It's a 4000+ fps round that very few gun makers chamber for. I HEARD they used to burn up barrels pretty bad but I'm not sure how much of a myth that is.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=699193

There's also a 17 remington fireball. I'm not sure of the difference.

Setzer77
March 10, 2010, 12:42 PM
Well, if it were anything like mine, after 14 years and some thousands of rounds, it'd still be shootin'. Mine, along with my 3" M66 of late 80s vintage, are two of my primary carries.

I sold mine because I was young, dumb, thought the hammer would snag, and thought 5 rounds just wasn't nearly enough. I miss it frequently, but if I could do it again, I'd probably get the 851. It was more accurate than it had a right to be, I had no problems with it, even being a relatively inexperienced shooter.

Zundfolge
March 10, 2010, 01:37 PM
great tool for checking to see if someone's web site is REALLY down or if its just you.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurususa web site" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!