Change grips on 638

PDA

BossHogg
March 7, 2010, 01:46 PM
I have CT laser grips on my 638 for CCW. I was thinking of going to some oversize grips for range time. I think with bigger grips I could shoot a lot more rounds and then go back to my CT for carry. Good or bad ideal.

I love the gun for CCW but dang I would love to shoot it more without wearing my hand out. :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Change grips on 638" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cuzzin
March 7, 2010, 05:21 PM
I have a pair of Pachmayr Grippers that would fit your 638 if you are going that route. Used one time (one range trip) on my wife's 637, too big for her hands/just didn't like em. PM me...

ArchAngelCD
March 8, 2010, 12:40 AM
I have CT laser grips on my 638 for CCW. I was thinking of going to some oversize grips for range time. I think with bigger grips I could shoot a lot more rounds and then go back to my CT for carry. Good or bad ideal?
When I practice with any of my S&W Airweights I put a set of Pachmayr Gripper grips on and shoot away. I always put the carry grips back on and shoot a cylinder or 2 of my carry ammo before I leave the range. That system works out well for me...

y5e06
March 8, 2010, 10:20 AM
I have hogue monogrips. I like them a bunch, I can get a much better grip on the little pistol w/ these.

Dain Bramage
March 8, 2010, 02:46 PM
This probably doesn't help now, but CT makes different grip sizes for the J-frame. My wife is extremely recoil averse, so we got her the larger LG-305 extended grips for her Model 431 (.32 H&R Mag). She loves them, and I haven't had any problems using them for pocket carry.

BossHogg
March 11, 2010, 01:47 PM
I got a set of Pachmayr Grippers to go on my 638 from Cuzzin(thanks). I put them on and they give the Airweight a whole new feel. I can see alot more range time coming to this little gun. I will go back to the CT's for pocket carry,but can see the Pachmayr moving to my 3 in. model 60 for more .357 range time.

I like the boot grips for CCW, but can see these being worth they're wieght in gold(bullets).

If you enjoyed reading about "Change grips on 638" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!