6 '' GP100 half lug

PDA

reno92
March 7, 2010, 02:11 PM
Do they still make these? I picked on up with the original two piece rubber grip. sweet.

If you enjoyed reading about "6 '' GP100 half lug" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gunner4h1r3
March 7, 2010, 08:32 PM
I picked one up with a black finish, stainless hammer/trigger. and hogue monogrips about a year ago. Have only seen a handful on gunbroker once in a blue moon. i was glad to pick one up when I did as it is perfectly balanced for me. I guess the full lug models were more popular or something.

Surefire
March 7, 2010, 09:34 PM
Sadly, Ruger no longer makes these pieces of near perfection.

I have 2 of them.

And I have to say the 6" short shroud/half lug has the best balance of any revolver I own. I even like the balance and handling more than my 4" Ruger GPs and S&W 686 plus.

Don't understand why they were not more popular. You get a 6" barrel sight radius with the handling characteristics of a 4".

I hope that Ruger brings this model back one day. I'd like to get a 3rd!

reno92
March 8, 2010, 02:19 PM
I sure do like the way it balances. I probably paid to much for it, but when I saw the two piece grip, and saw how little it had been used, I had to go for it. I just had never seen one of these in person before. They also had a NIB Norinco for a decent price. Choices.

GP100man
March 8, 2010, 06:20 PM
If ya got it under 5 bills ya done ok .

I`ve found that I save money to spend it on the gun I want rather than a cheaper substitute!!

Sniper X
March 8, 2010, 06:29 PM
I had a six in half lug and loved it, then I got the 6in heavy barel and loved it but it didn't handle as quick as the other six in did. I now have the 4in heavy and it is perfect for me as I love to carry a revolver sometimes, and it carries well.

If you enjoyed reading about "6 '' GP100 half lug" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!