What the Heck in this thing?

PDA

shootinxd
March 7, 2010, 04:36 PM
:confused:A freind gave me some brass picked up at a LOE training event and this was in it.Got any ideas.It seems to be a shortened up 9mm case.A rubber bullet load?

If you enjoyed reading about "What the Heck in this thing?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
March 7, 2010, 04:50 PM
Simunitions FX training load.

http://www.simunition.com/cartridges/fx_training_en.php

rc

rfwobbly
March 7, 2010, 06:01 PM
That's the "Irish 9x9", used a lot by Leprechaun LEOs.

You start finding them a lot each year around St. Patty's Day.

All the reloading info I can find makes no sense. Something about "2gr of 231 and a dram of Guinness".

:D

Jeff H
March 7, 2010, 09:54 PM
All the reloading info I can find makes no sense. Something about "2gr of 231 and a dram of Guinness".

I found some calling for 2g Bullseye, a dram of Guiness and a dram of Bass! They call it a Black and tan with Lead......

slicksleeve
March 7, 2010, 11:06 PM
Rcmodel as always, nailed it! That sir is a simunition round. They have a sort of paintball on the end of that plastic thing. They are very good for training in an LEO setting, because you can actually shoot a guy with it. (It does hurt a little, makes you think before you go blundering around corners.)

Marc257
March 7, 2010, 11:59 PM
It hurts more than just a little at close range. Just imagine a pencil eraser @ about 400 fps. :eek:

Peakbagger46
March 8, 2010, 04:13 AM
Yes, simunition. Not sure about the 9mm, but the .40 rounds HURT! I went through my entire training day afraid of being shot in the crotch.

shootinxd
March 8, 2010, 07:11 AM
Yep,RC is right.I checked out their sight and that is exact same thing I found.Learn someting new everyday.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "What the Heck in this thing?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!