Who else really wants the VZ Skorpion?

PDA

Skillet
March 8, 2010, 12:56 AM
I am just on a high from old fashioned miltary styled pistol, and the Skorpion is quite Bada**.

It would be a kick out at the range.

What do you think about it?

That's just my sweet bit of the day.

Shoots a .32 acp for those who don't know

http://i45.tinypic.com/xn55q9.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Who else really wants the VZ Skorpion?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
March 8, 2010, 01:04 AM
There might be a 380 version coming in soon, too. :)

chris in va
March 8, 2010, 01:17 AM
Can't really see the point in a huge, semiauto 32ACP pistol that was originally a full auto.

Cpt. America
March 8, 2010, 01:24 AM
I sure want one.

sidheshooter
March 8, 2010, 01:35 AM
I don't really want one. But I sort of want one, for all the same reasons.

Gryffydd
March 8, 2010, 01:48 AM
I can see the point (kind of) in a big, heavy .32 Auto--that being controllable full auto fire.
I can't really see the point in a semi auto .32 Auto.
Might be kind of fun if you've already bought every useful gun on the planet.

NG VI
March 8, 2010, 02:02 AM
I think they are going to introduce a .380 and a 9mm version, and all three would make a really fun SBR.

notbubba
March 8, 2010, 04:16 AM
If you get one please post a range report.
With pictures!

But it's just not for me.

C-grunt
March 8, 2010, 05:15 AM
I really want one. But for the money there are other things I want more.

JDGray
March 8, 2010, 05:20 AM
Arround here, 32ACP and .380 ammo is very hard to find, and expensive as all hell. But yeah.....I'd love one!:D

SharpsDressedMan
March 8, 2010, 09:30 AM
I want a full auto, with a suppressor.................

dom1104
March 8, 2010, 10:31 AM
.32Acp = BIG NO THANK YOU.
Giant neutered full auto gun = Video Game Poseur
Holster? lol. Do you wear it like neck jewelery?

I cant think of a gun I would want LESS.

Claude Clay
March 8, 2010, 11:00 AM
sometimes wanting can be more pleasing than having. Mr Spock

NMGonzo
March 8, 2010, 11:08 AM
7.62 tok ... that is what is suppossed to be

CZF
March 8, 2010, 11:15 AM
I just sent a new CZechPoint-USA vz61 brochure to a guy who is interested in buying one.

I've encountered the full auto versions while overseas, but never fired one.

They do make them in 9mm. A caliber more suitable for defense in my book.

However, if you watch Body Of Lies, you will get the SKORPION itch!

grimjaw
March 8, 2010, 11:34 AM
Convert it to .22LR and make it a reliable feed/extrator with that round, make it full auto, and slap the wire stock back on it to make it an SBR. THEN I'll want it.

jm

modifiedbrowning
March 8, 2010, 01:17 PM
I have one. Fun little plinker, unfortunately I haven't seen any .32 acp around here for quite awhile.

Vonderek
March 8, 2010, 05:25 PM
Not really interested for most of the reasons previously mentioned. If you want one just to have it I understand but it's pretty impractical from any other standpoint. .32 ACP is what, like $18 a box now? For that you can shoot .45 or almost twice as much 9mm...in something you can actually carry. If it was full auto and .32 was plentiful and cheap, yeah that might be fun.

Skillet
March 8, 2010, 05:46 PM
I don't really care if it's impracticle or not. Sports cars aren't practicle, but yet they sell.

Vonderek
March 8, 2010, 07:14 PM
What do you think about it?

You asked what we thought and I answered. Sorry, I didn't understand you were just looking for validation.

Enachos
March 8, 2010, 08:03 PM
Funny... I was just watching Body of Lies with Leonardo DiCaprio. He uses one in the early scenes of the movie and I couldn't help but wonder why he would choose to go into battle with a .32 ACP. Maybe it's just me though...

Skillet
March 8, 2010, 08:14 PM
Sorry, Vonderek, I did ask for that. i respect your opinion

2RCO
March 8, 2010, 08:51 PM
I have many guns I don't need and don't really serve a specific purpose. That being said I fondled one of these doodads at the local gunshop. Dealer knows my tastes and that I'll buy darn near anything if it will pop a primer and make lead come out of the barrel (especially martial arms). I couldn't get it though I have multiple guns in .32 and they are all more uselful than this tailless scorpion.

Vonderek
March 8, 2010, 09:31 PM
No harm, no foul. I did say it would be fun if full auto and if ammo were cheap and plentiful. Fun in a "sports car" kinda way.:D

fireman 9731
March 9, 2010, 12:11 AM
Yeah... I think its neat but 32acp is a deal breaker... If it was in 7.62 torkarev or heck even 9mm I would be more likely to get one. I saw one at a show this weekend, it caught my eye, I like commie guns. But there are too many others higher up on my list.

possum
March 9, 2010, 01:48 AM
i sure think it would be neat to have, i doubt that i would shoot it very much, but it would be cool to have one.

RockyMtnTactical
March 9, 2010, 03:06 AM
If I could get it in full auto, maybe.

armoredman
March 9, 2010, 08:44 PM
You can get it as an SBR from Czechpoint directly, with all that NFA garbledeegook. I don't think the 9mm version is coming in yet, that would be nice, especially since I reload that caliber.

Deaf Smith
March 9, 2010, 10:15 PM
Well I can see my wife using that as a house gun (be the M1 carbine can do so much more....)

Would love to see it in 7.62 Tork or .357 sig but I bet that will never happen. Most we can expect is a 9mm version or a 9x18 Makarov.

We will see.

Deaf

w_houle
March 9, 2010, 10:18 PM
I cant think of a gun I would want LESS.
Did someone say Tec 9 yet?
:neener::p

John Wayne
March 9, 2010, 10:27 PM
Well, I don't have anything against it on principal...a machine pistol with a shoulder stock chambered in a round with some decent power is nothing to sneeze at.

When you take that same gun, chamber it in an underpowdered, overpriced, and unavailable cartridge, remove the ability to attach a shoulder stock (without $$$ and paperwork), and make it semi-auto only (again, w/o $$$ and paperwork), and sell it for more than a quality handgun...not so much.

I would prefer a Nagant revolver for a novelty piece. At least you're only out $79 then.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who else really wants the VZ Skorpion?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!