Dillon 650 strong mount measurements.

PDA

deviantsaint
March 8, 2010, 12:57 PM
I've got a Dillon xl650 that I'm going to try and mount to a pedestal stand.

This one to be precise:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95357&xcamp=google&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cpc&zmam=13262200&zmas=12&zmac=112&zmap=95357

The press will mount as is once I drill some holes, but I wanted to get the foot print measurements for the Dillon 650 strong mount to see if it would fit on the pedestal top before I go blow money on it.

Anyone got one to measure for me?

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon 650 strong mount measurements." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
EddieNFL
March 8, 2010, 02:03 PM
Here's the dimensions for mine, as mounted.

11-7/8" wide X 10" deep. Bolt holes are 10-1/2" side to side and 9" front to back.

DISCLAIMER: Mine has been mounted for many years, so it's possible the bench holes were slightly off from the mount holes and I "squeezed" or "stretched" the mount. Also, I used a tape measure and eyeballed it. Either way, it hasn't fallen off the bench, yet.

If you call Dillon, I'll bet they will give you the exact specs. 800-223-4570

Good luck.

JimKirk
March 8, 2010, 03:38 PM
Add your own top plate, using studs or welded in headless bolts or just weld a top to it. Make it what ever size you want.

Jimmy K

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon 650 strong mount measurements." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!